Are Christmas shopping and ads occurring too early

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZZman
I think so. How about we get thru Thanksgiving first.

There's no profit in that.

Hobby Lobby and Walmart have their Christmas sections out & in full-boogie in AUGUST !

Yes. I walked into a Home Depot before Halloween and they had Christmas lights and trees on display. Christmas is one of my favorite holidays, but that is WAY too early. IMO the holiday isn't even close until December starts.

Anytime after they pack up or sell off the Halloween junk is fine by me. Not that I like the Xmas shopping season and all that comes with it, but let's face it ... BITOGers are not the target audience. A woman with a family to take care of and maybe a job, seven weeks isn't too much time to get it all done, and they make 70% of retail purchases. So I shut my mouth and put up with it.

If it were just us men, they could start three days before Christmas and get 90% of us to bite. But that's not how the world works.

What I like are the e-mails I'm getting from retailers announcing that their Black Friday ads were "just leaked"...
crackmeup2.gif

The Christmas stuff that is out now is usually at reduced prices. Once Black Friday starts those prices go up. Some WalMart knowledge I picked up recently.

Originally Posted By: Al
Best to just get over it. Life is too short..really...

What fun is that?!
This is BITOG, where every.little.thing matters!

Way too early. A lot of folks here are upset because in recent years they have been starting before Veterans Remembrance Day which is Nov 11th.

YES!

However it's my understanding that some retailers depend on Christmas for 50% of their annual profits....so that's the why.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Lolvoguy
Originally Posted By: Al
Best to just get over it. Life is too short..really...

What fun is that?!
This is BITOG, where every.little.thing matters!

Yea..you are so right on ..lol
cheers3.gif

Christmas anything and everything starts too early for me, but I'm old and have a lot of "senior" moments ,so it doesn't matter what I think. In the past, Thanksgiving usually started the holiday season.
confused2.gif

I saw my first ad before Halloween. They were subtle about it. It was for the projector lights for your house. They said it could be used for all holidays, including Halloween, Easter, Valentine's Day. But the Christmas music in the background told me it's a Christmas commercial.

Unless kids are involved, my friends don't stress over the gift part of Christmas.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
Unless kids are involved, my friends don't stress over the gift part of Christmas.

Lucky...

+1 for it being too early. I don't need some "sale" to decide what (or if) I'm going to give someone for Christmas (or anytime, really). It should be from the heart, not from the wallet.

Related threadjack: is there EVER a time when Toyota is NOT having a sale? Seems like they just segue from one to another to another all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back