Are Belgium & German castrol same formula?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have done a bit of Google work but I'm unable to find out if they are the same. Is German an improvement over the Belgium?

My stock from the Belgium castrol is finished from aap last bogo sale.

Which grades are you talking about specifically? The 0w-30 and the 0w-40 should in theory have a very similar formula, although we don't have a recent 0w-30 VOA ever since its production got moved to Belgium.

I see. Well, the specs haven't changed, so I would assume it's still the same formula. I guess a VOA would help verify that.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I see. Well, the specs haven't changed, so I would assume it's still the same formula. I guess a VOA would help verify that.

It's the same stuff. The specific production facility is irrelevant, as I've repeatedly preached on here. Manufacturers change to different factories all the time.

I always get funny about this kind of stuff.

If I buy Edge 0W-40, they have to be either all German or all Belgian.

Can't have any old labels mixed in with the new ones.

Etc., etc.

It's probably a little OCD kicking in but it's just bad karma to mix things up.

And don't step on the crack leaving Advance Auto either.

Originally Posted By: dparm
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

It's the same stuff. The specific production facility is irrelevant, as I've repeatedly preached on here. Manufacturers change to different factories all the time.

It can also be relevant. Product can also have two or three different formulations depending on manuf. plant. Not all the plants have necessarily access to same base oils for example. Logistics plays a big part in this game.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
meet the identical specs,so even if the formula is slightly different it's irrelevant.

Yup. That's the gist of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back