Are Baldwin Oil Filters Good Quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're competitive with just about all the rest. Unlike Wix they have a couple of tiers of name brand filters. I don't know who they also manufacture for (under what labels). Hastings (same thing = at least now) used to make Amoil's filters.

What they don't make, they get from another manufacturer. Their rep walks in just like every other one. They've got it all, one way or another.

That filter has no bypass valve. Interesting.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Baldwin makes excellent oil filters.

We've got a Baldwin oil filter plant in town where I live. I've heard some not so good stories from people who work there.

Originally Posted By: DragRace
Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Baldwin makes excellent oil filters.

We've got a Baldwin oil filter plant in town where I live. I've heard some not so good stories from people who work there.

They always did make good ones.
21.gif

Ehhh...it's like anything else. When you were an artist ..they didn't refer to you as "fill in the blank"=the painter. When you played piano ..they didn't call you "fill in the blank" the pianist .....when you fixed cars ...they didn't refer to you as "fill in the blank" the mechanic .....but just [cenored] one [censored] and you're a [censored] for life.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Ehhh...it's like anything else. When you were an artist ..they didn't refer to you as "fill in the blank"=the painter. When you played piano ..they didn't call you "fill in the blank" the pianist .....when you fixed cars ...they didn't refer to you as "fill in the blank" the mechanic .....but just [cenored] one [censored] and you're a [censored] for life.
grin2.gif

Huh?
21.gif

LOL.gif
Sorry if I wasn't clear. If you've ever been a hero at work ...saved the day a few times ..had some good accomplishments that got you an "attaboy!" ...you were still one mistake from being a loser.

Originally Posted By: 1993_VG30E_GXE
Where does this company rank on the market. I specifically use the #B113 filter.

They carry two different filters for passenger vehicles. I had start-up chatter using their inexpensive filters on two different vehicles -- but very happy with their higher level/priced filters.

At the time ( a few years ago), I purchased a half dozen of each price level. Four of the cheap ones I ended-up tossing in the garbage -- after the chatter episodes with the first two I used.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en
They carry two different filters for passenger vehicles. I had start-up chatter using their inexpensive filters on two different vehicles -- but very happy with their higher level/priced filters.

At the time ( a few years ago), I purchased a half dozen of each price level. Four of the cheap ones I ended-up tossing in the garbage -- after the chatter episodes with the first two I used.

You mean filter BRANDS? Not just 2 FILTERS.
Baldwin also makes Hastings (equall in price and quality) just a different paint job.
They also make the Casite filter line.
Mostly used by quick lubes, and is their economy filter line.
I have used Casites for years and was very satisfied.
And the price just cant be beat.
$1.85 for a CF1A. (FL1A equvelent)
The guy i bought them from has a few that he cut open, and they seem to be of very good quality.
Unfortunatly they no longer sell Casite due to lost buisness from the chinese brand "service pro" competitors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back