Are Auto Car Wash Waxes a Rip Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compared to waxing, letting it dry and then wiping it off how do you think these spray on waxes perform? I just don't see how they would work well.

Seems like they spray it on for a few seconds, rinse it off and then air dry it.

Last edited:
(Barely) better then nothing. You might get some protection for a week or two. You're better off never entering one -- except for the ocassional underbelly wash in the winter.

They don't do much. They actually probably do more as a rinse agent than as a "wax".

Modern day paints are good enough to give the perception that they're working well for the few days/weeks after a wash.

I somehow received the Car Wash owners national magazine for a few months(did not sign up intentionally), but it was interesting.

The biggest reason they even have the wax option is to last long enough for the rinse water to bead up and roll off the car, making you feel good about your "super" wash you paid an extra $2 for...

And you get that overwhelming scent through your vents...

No real protection, though. Spend a good afternoon waxing it yourself. Guarantee you'll feel great about it afterwards, moreso than running it through a wash!

They are worse than nothing unless you never take care of your car's finish. They leave a film on your glass and need top be taken off when you detail your car the right way. Fortunately, they come off easily.

Originally Posted By: drewjp
No real protection, though. Spend a good afternoon waxing it yourself. Guarantee you'll feel great about it afterwards, moreso than running it through a wash!

No need to spend that long. Some of the spray on waxes are quite good and you could just do that there in the bay while you dry the car off.

Biggest rip off ever. Cost the shop about .2 cents worth of product and they sell it for 2,3,4 bucks!!!

It is NOT a wax. It offers NOTHING.

Originally Posted By: Dyoel182
Originally Posted By: drewjp

No need to spend that long. Some of the spray on waxes are quite good and you could just do that there in the bay while you dry the car off.

I would love to be able to do it that way (in the bay)except around here in the ever so populated North East,their is alway`s someone up your butt waiting to get in next!!
mad.gif
ARRG!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ZZman
Compared to waxing, letting it dry and then wiping it off how do you think these spray on waxes perform? I just don't see how they would work well.

Seems like they spray it on for a few seconds, rinse it off and then air dry it.

In South Florida the spray waxes last until the first rain shower...Which is usually within an hour of getting it washed.

The only way you can wax a car down here in the jungle is to go to a enclosed parking area to get away from the blazing sun and passing rain showers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back