Are all oils (synthetics) compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if you had a 4.0 qt capacity and mixed one qt. of each: M1, Syntec, PP, and Redline?

Would you have a mixture with at least Group III base stock and a bunch of good additives?

^^
lol.gif

And the point is? Stick with one formula and use it. They'll mix fine, but that doesn't mean the formula will perform best when mixed with others.

Have you ever gone to Seven Eleven and filled your cup with one shot of each fountain drink? It doesn't taste all that great.

quote:

What if you had a 4.0 qt capacity and mixed one qt. of each: M1, Syntec, PP, and Redline?

Would you have a mixture with at least Group III base stock and a bunch of good additives?

Try it! Run it for 7.5K - then get a Blackstone UOA. The final results may shock us all.
gr_stretch.gif
gr_stretch.gif

tamu_man,

No ... but if you mix 4 different juices, e.g. orange, apple, grape, & cranberry, you'll have a cocktail with alot of antioxidants.

I spiked my 15W40 HDEO w/ 1 quart of PZP. I wouldn't waste it w/ my M1, though. I have synth to mix w/ dino, not other synth.

Fruit juice is a naturally occuring substance that is pumped out of a poor unsuspecting fruit. Soda is a formula that is man made much like motor oil. Some sodas are nasty together, much like some oils would not work together.well.

Yes, by all means, read the lable. "Fully compatible" but "may" not protect for extended OCIs.

I have tried to get a well considered answer to this one too. "Mix away" or "engineered with balanced additive package". The replies will be from one end of the spectrum to the other. You can find some great UOAs from mixes. It can work. Sorry for the rant. I know that I don't know the answer to this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back