AQI over 500...

UncleDave

$100 Site Donor 2024
River and Dixie fire smoke converged.....

IMG_2103.jpeg
IMG_2116.jpeg

With air like that, I wouldn't need to buy cigarettes anymore. I'd just go outside! :ROFLMAO:

Very little activity left in the River fire here. We are choking in smoke from the Dixie and other fires to the north.
AQI 464! The worst AQI I have ever experienced here.

Very little activity left in the River fire here. We are choking in smoke from the Dixie and other fires to the north.
AQI 464! The worst AQI I have ever experienced here.

That downtown Grass Valley yesterday and the view from LItton Drive today.

This is something really different......

Oh Yes, the first photo looks like the plume when the River fire exploded to 2000+ acres in about 5 hours!
Amazing they were able to tame that so quickly, with the help of diminishing winds overnight.
The Dixie fire grew by 71,000 acres just last night alone! And that is only counting the eastern section.
Northern winds have brought the smoke our way early this morning. Should clear out later tomorrow... Hopefully.
Windows are closed and running a HEPA filter to cope with this.

I'm working in Reno for Hot August Nights, pretty ugly here too. California Car Dusters are earning their keep among the crowd.

My relatives have a ranch of Bitney Springs road . when i was a kid I used to spend my summers there . At the time Grass Valley and Nevada City was gods country.

There were approximately 50 of these setups scattered all over the building and they all looked like this by the next morning,

They absolutely work and the smoke smell was gone.

Unknown.jpeg

Back