Applying Frontline II on my cat question.

I’ve been using Frontline II on my cat as long as I’ve had her. The directions say to part the fur between the shoulder blades right behind the neck, so it will go onto the skin and not onto the fur. Would shaving a small spot instead of parting the fur be more effective?

I agree with Zee09. The most important thing for Frontline is they NOT be able to lick it off. Cats being the way they are, would likely try even harder to lick a shaved spot.

Cats gave the uncanny ability to know when something concerning them is going down and disappear.

Having sold Frontline and Frontline Plus for many years, I don't know what Frontline II is. But I retired in 14. You are correct to put it at the base of the neck. That's about the only place it's hard for a cat to reach. Licking it won't kill them but could make them salivate or vomit. It's the carrier not the Fipronil that will make them salivate. On dogs, I always put it on several places along their back which caused it to spread faster.
Could you be talking about Advantage II?

I’ve been using Frontline II on my cat as long as I’ve had her. The directions say to part the fur between the shoulder blades right behind the neck, so it will go onto the skin and not onto the fur. Would shaving a small spot instead of parting the fur be more effective?
I don't think so. Your cat probably would not like the shave and it might result in more poison (that's what it is) uptake into you cat. Jmo

Having sold Frontline and Frontline Plus for many years, I don't know what Frontline II is. But I retired in 14. You are correct to put it at the base of the neck. That's about the only place it's hard for a cat to reach. Licking it won't kill them but could make them salivate or vomit. It's the carrier not the Fipronil that will make them salivate. On dogs, I always put it on several places along their back which caused it to spread faster.
Could you be talking about Advantage II?
Oh yes,Advantage II. I guess my iPhone’s autocorrect filled in “Frontline”.

But yes,it’s Advantage II that I’ve always used. I brush her really good, bathe her with the cat bath wipes I buy for her, and then apply the Advantage II at the base of her head at the very top of her neck.

It’s funny how ya hey ta said how they say they know something’s going down, as soon as she hears the top crack open on the Advantage II, she hauls ass haha!!😸

Back