Appliance reliability

I’ve decided to do away with my above stove microwave, when it goes out. I’ll replace with a dedicated range hood and buy a countertop microwave.
In our kitchen remodel I was going to do the microwave over the stove, the more I read glad my wife changed my mind. Going with a 900cfm hood instead, recommended for Asian cooking. With her cooking huge pots of Pho the microwave probably wouldn't of lasted long, her friends didn't.

We got Frigidaire Professional frig, stove, and dishwasher this go around. The last Kenmore stove was ok but the frig was a complete piece of junk. The LG frig that replaced the Kenmore has been ok for about 6 years. Wonder what the formula is for good appliances.. cheap or expensive? Or just luck.

In our kitchen remodel I was going to do the microwave over the stove, the more I read glad my wife changed my mind. Going with a 900cfm hood instead, recommended for Asian cooking. With her cooking huge pots of Pho the microwave probably wouldn't of lasted long, her friends didn't.

We got Frigidaire Professional frig, stove, and dishwasher this go around. The last Kenmore stove was ok but the frig was a complete piece of junk. The LG frig that replaced the Kenmore has been ok for about 6 years. Wonder what the formula is for good appliances.. cheap or expensive? Or just luck
Lots of steam and grease migration into an over the range microwave isn’t really good for them. They are also a poor design. The fan isn’t far enough forward to manage the cooking emissions. A dedicated range hood has more coverage over the range.

As for other appliances, cheaper models with less technology will give better service.

No Dinoburner I did not check anything but the continuity on the coils. Thanks for the tip, the next time they fail I will check it out further. It is running Ok right now, but for how long is the question.

Back