Apple IPod - Next Move

My Ipod Gen7 is having issues and it sure seems time to move on from that platform. I have about 1600 songs in my library. What is the easiest way to move my ITunes library to a micro SD for use in my Android phone? Or is there another device i should consider?

I'd rather not spend $$ but if I need to I will. Need this library for the gym and hikes and biking. Where I often am cell signal is spotty and there is often no wifi.

Suggested solutions?

If you have a computer with windows download itunes for windows and back the music up.

My Ipod Gen7 is having issues and it sure seems time to move on from that platform. I have about 1600 songs in my library. What is the easiest way to move my ITunes library to a micro SD for use in my Android phone? Or is there another device i should consider?

You can download iTunes for Android and the playlists should be saved.

If the songs are 100% yours and you bought them, you can plug the iPhone to your computer and copy them over via iTunes.

to a micro SD for use in my Android phone? Or is there another device i should consider?
Does your Android phone have a microSD slot ? I didn't know that was still common. Even if it's not, any modern smartphone has so much built-in storage that 1600 songs doesn't take up that much space in the grand scheme of things.

Does your Android phone have a microSD slot ? I didn't know that was still common. Even if it's not, any modern smartphone has so much built-in storage that 1600 songs doesn't take up that much space in the grand scheme of things.
unless they are FLAC.;)

What does apple export them as?
Microsd might be ok until next phone since everyone seems to be going away from any sort of expandable storage on phones.

You might be able to use apple music and offline mode but not sure that is available on android devices... is this a playlist or actual owned songs?

You could probably just get a used one. I've been using a 4th gen iPod for years even though they stopped updates for it a long time ago. I just use it in my Mercedes though, they only did a ipod cable for it and didn't have bluetooth for music.

Depends where they came from. My music is from CDs I own so everything is in MP3 format. I pointed iTunes to their location and then iTunes copied them to my iPod so in my case, they remained as MP3. I also have the original/source files so it's easy for me. If the OP's songs were purchased through iTunes, they are probably in .AAC format, which has DRM built into the format and can't be stripped and converted to MP3 (at least not with iTunes).

I'd rather not spend $$ but if I need to I will. Need this library for the gym and hikes and biking. Where I often am cell signal is spotty and there is often no wifi.

Suggested solutions?
Im going to be that guy. Have you considered getting an iphone?

Since working out is where you use it, how about a smart watch that has storage for music? It won't fit all your songs but you can build playlist and rotate out of your master library saved to a PC.

If the songs are 100% yours and you bought them, you can plug the iPhone to your computer and copy them over via iTunes.

I'm not using IPhone, I prefer Samsung and Android.

Samsung 9 here and yes, it has a microSD slot.

unless they are FLAC.;)

Microsd might be ok until next phone since everyone seems to be going away from any sort of expandable storage on phones.

You might be able to use apple music and offline mode but not sure that is available on android devices... is this a playlist or actual owned songs?

Songs are owned.

You have to use iTunes

100% mine but there is no Itunes for Android. In order to use Apple Music it forces me to subscribe for $9.99 a month. That is dirty pool since I already purchased these songs.

In order to use Apple Music it forces me to subscribe for $9.99 a month.
It has a subscription option but you can use it without a subscription too. Just pick "Not now" or something when it prompts you.

Back