Appears motor oil $ up about 10-20% across the board

Using Walmart or Amazon as metrics because of their bulk sales, my unscientific view is that it does appear that most motor oil is up about 10-20% versus just a few months ago. A quick sampling to support this thesis:
Supertech 5 qts was about $14, now almost $17-18.
M1 various varieties up from about $24/$27 to about $27/30 respectively
Quaker State up from about $15 to $19-$20.
Valvoline up from about $15-17 to $20-26.
Pennzoil up from about $20 to $22-24.

Even Costco seems to have increased from about $26-29 to $35 on 2 packs.

It seems there are legs to the reports of inflation, shortages, supply chain problems, and predictions of oil prices increasing by 50% in 2022.

In my area, oil prices have not changed much from pre-pandemic to now

Supertech has been at 17
M1, Valvoline, PP, and Edge have been around 21-24 depending on the variety
QS has been at 19

KS 2-packs are the outlier that went from 24 to 32 to 29 now.

on the website the only one I really see that's gone up is M1 Ext. Perf is at $30/5qt now. Everything else same price.

on the website the only one I really see that's gone up is M1 Ext. Perf is at $30/5qt now. Everything else same price.
Odd. What was the price of Supertech just 5 months ago? Seems I specifically recall people saying to buy ST b/c it was only $13.99 or something like that. Similar with QS, Valvoline, etc.?
I have a pretty good memory and I stand by what I wrote as observations.

Odd. What was the price of Supertech just 5 months ago? Seems I specifically recall people saying to buy ST b/c it was only $13.99 or something like that. Similar with QS, Valvoline, etc.?
ST has been at $17.12 for at least a few months.

~$14-15/jug for 10k. like $16-17/jug for 20k.

QS has always been right around $18-19/5qt. Magnatec $19.xx.

Valvoline has been $22 for AFS and $25.98 for EP.

Pennz Plat has been $22.98

~$14-15/jug for 10k. like $16-17/jug for 20k.

QS has always been right around $18-19/5qt. Magnatec $19.xx.

Valvoline has been $22 for AFS and $25.98 for EP.

Pennz Plat has been $22.98

Interesting. That has not been my experience or observation on the QS, Valvoline, or PP. They're all a few dollars more now than early 2021. YMMV.

Napa's house brand synthetic (Valvoline) is on sale for $4.29/qt or $19.99 for the jug. Slightly more than it used to be.

Rotella T6 is on sale for $24.99/gallon, which is the normal sale price, and the 5w30 is included in the sale too :)

Yeah, given that wanna-be 91* premium is over $5 at many stations around here, the bump in oil is no surprise.
Hold on to your hats; this is gonna take awhile.

Super Tech wiffle waffles around in price, but you can still get the 12 qt box for $3.05 per quart for full synthetic.

Seems this board is really freaking out about inflation, but, hey, boys, this is the day that stashes were born for. Time to coast.

And there's still the autozone clearance to partake in.

Super Tech wiffle waffles around in price, but you can still get the 12 qt box for $3.05 per quart for full synthetic.

Seems this board is really freaking out about inflation, but, hey, boys, this is the day that stashes were born for. Time to coast.

And there's still the autozone clearance to partake in.
I never been a stasher, but I started stashing beans n rice like never before. 60lbs rice, 50lbs beans. I will have plenty of gas if a gas crises strikes.

I get the Cam2 at Napa for $3.49 a qt in a 6 qt case. They have the Superpromax for $1.99 a qt in a 12 qt case box I think... It maybe $2.29 or so now per qt for that.

Either way... Not bad.

A gas station out in New Kent has Cam2 Superpromax for $3 a quart. Though two nice ladies there actually sold it to me for $2.49 a qt. That's a great price for oil at a gas station...

I've seen $7.99 to $9.99 in some 7-11s...
Ridiculous.

Back