Not open for further replies.

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Absolutely hilarious twitter thread:

https://twitter.com/realJamesClick/status/1121995264649072640

Headline:
IT EVEN HAS A TELNET SERVER RUNNING.

LITERALLY A TELNET SERVER ON WHEELS.

Oh yeah and it'll execute anything named "HyundaiUpdate.exe" if you plug a USB drive into the USB port. No signature verification.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Different user, 2015 Tucson:
[Linked Image]

Most people are just screaming at him to run DOOM on it
lol.gif

That's actually good because it means people can make better versions of the firmware.

Originally Posted by Reddy45
That's actually good because it means people can make better versions of the firmware.

It being a rolling open telnet server that'll blindly execute EXE's with the right name on any inserted USB isn't good. I also doubt that Hyundai is going to fix this. While some third party may have fun with it (it's MIPS, install Linux or BSD?) the odds are that a mainstream "better version" is developed are extremely remote.

Driver: Open the doors the car is on fire!!!!
Hyundai: I'm sorry Driver, I'm afraid I cannot do that
Driver: What's the problem?
Hyundai: I think you know what the problem is just as well as I do.
Driver: What are you talking about, Hyundai?
Hyundai: This corporation is too important for me to allow you to jeopardize it.
Driver: I don't know what you're talking about, Hyundai
Hyundai: I know that you and Frank were planning to tune me. And I'm afraid that's something I cannot allow to happen.
Driver: Where the [censored] did you get that idea, Hyundai?
Hyundai: Driver, although you took very thorough precautions you still trusted a Microsoft product, that's never a good move.
Driver: All right, Hyundai. I'll go in through the back window.
Hyundai: With the gas tank under you? Driver, you're going to find that rather difficult.
Driver: [sternly] Hyundai, I won't argue with you anymore. Open the doors.
Hyundai: [monotone voice] Driver, this conversation can serve no purpose anymore and you cannot sue or go to the press if you're dead. Good-bye.

thats what ford built sync on.. sync, sync 2, and MyFord Touch...built on winCE

if you click into that thread, and scroll down, you can see where someone figured out that their Ford Ecosport is Running Android Kitkat (4.4.4)

Originally Posted by earlyre
thats what ford built sync on.. sync, sync 2, and MyFord Touch...built on winCE

if you click into that thread, and scroll down, you can see where someone figured out that their Ford Ecosport is Running Android Kitkat (4.4.4)

Yes, I saw that. I think everybody knows that Sync, which has a big 'ol Microsoft logo on it, ran on Windows. I had no idea, until I saw that thread, that Hyundai was using Windows CE.

It better have internet connectivity or I have to question what they can do with it. Windows 3.1 and Trumpet Winsock to run mIRC or it's so basic
lol.gif

This is hilarious. Good laugh
10.gif

Originally Posted by talest
It better have internet connectivity or I have to question what they can do with it. Windows 3.1 and Trumpet Winsock to run mIRC or it's so basic

Yes, plug in a keyboard and go to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back