Apparently either SKF doesn't make their Bearings as good as they used to or RockAuto sold me a counterfeit.

Yesterday I Installed a brand new SKF hub assembly on my 2009 Buick Lacrosse. The only thing that struck me odd about this bearing is that is was as hard to spin as the one that came off of it. I paid it no mind and put it on anyways.

Today the new bearing fails. Chirping and popping noises, up and down wobbling hot as heck to the touch. I an unbelievably upset with RockAuto. But given how much more parts stores are charging for these quality hubs I'm willing to give it another go.

Just be careful with your parts and trust your gut.

Last edited:
Also post up how RA handles it. They're typically good but slow, ie they'll just want you to send the old one back and they'll send out a new one.

You might also contact SKF, they might want to see it and they might be more responsive to a complaint from a customer....maybe

Also post up how RA handles it. They're typically good but slow, ie they'll just want you to send the old one back and they'll send out a new one.

You might also contact SKF, they might want to see it and they might be more responsive to a complaint from a customer....maybe
Doubtful. I remember when I contacted Timkin years ago about how short their wheels stubs were compared to OEM they basically blew me off.

Screenshot_20220611-204713_Authenticate 20.jpg

Back