Apexi Power Intake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I received the Apexi Power intake from my cousin stationed in Japan last christmas. The whole box comes looks cool coz its in Japanese.
My problem is how do you maintain these things? even in the local websites does not show how to take care of these.
I believe its not to be cleaned like the K&N ones... do you just use pressurized air?

thanks in advance guys.

Is the filter you are asking about red with black end caps? If so, those filters are supposed to be "lifetime" filters. I spoke to a rep from Apexi and he told me that you're supposed to change them if they get really dirty or damaged. From my experience, they seem to be very well made.

Jason

Originally Posted By: Jaykim81
Is the filter you are asking about red with black end caps? If so, those filters are supposed to be "lifetime" filters. I spoke to a rep from Apexi and he told me that you're supposed to change them if they get really dirty or damaged. From my experience, they seem to be very well made.

Jason

Thanks Jason, Yeah thats the one... They dont seem to get grimey as fast as the old one I had (K&N), and the feedback is its supposed to have good filtration properties.

Last edited:
Yeah I believe these are just thrown out once they become dirty. Quite an expensive proposition. But at least someones making a filter that actually filters. Unlike the Trust Mushrooms - bloody hopeless!

Only thing I don't like about the Apexi is that it could have more filtering area. I mean I don't believe its big enough for my 400hp motor. Will be changing over to a 9" AEM filter some day and see if theres any difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back