anything that better then Pepto-Bismol ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you guys, I appreciate , now I know exactly what to bring. Take care all. Again Thank you and have a wonderful day. -MetalSlug-

Last edited:
Go to a travel clinic and get the appropriate vaccines, as well as travelers diarrhea pills. You can buy Pepto there, so bringing your own bottle is worthless...

I would ask your primary care doctor. When I went to South Africa several years ago I got a shot (in my butt) and I think it was for malaria.

As they say, don't drink the water.

Originally Posted By: expat
Originally Posted By: CT8
The probably have better stuff in Argentina. Years and years ago when I was a youngster going to Mexico you could get all kinds of pharmaceuticals over the counter that in the states would require a prescription in the Estado Unitos,Don't know about Argentina thoug

That's why I suggested Kaolin and Morphine.
I remember being able to get it over the counter in the Caribbean.
Which do you take first?

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
Im travel to south american ( Argentina ) tomorrow to visit wife family also take some time off and relax for a month. Well to be honest, I have weak stomach, if I ate a food that I dont normally ate or really spicy foods, I can get upset stomach/diarrhea
mad.gif
, I was thinking bring a bottle of pepto, some vick day/night... tylenol ... I was wonder anything that work better and faster or prevent upset stomach or diarrhea then pepto ? thank you.

Longer term, do a food elimination diet to figure out what is not suiting you. You may think it's the new foods or the spicy foods, but it may be something in your regular diet that is not compatible with those things.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's wheat and / or gluten.

Originally Posted By: Donald
I would ask your primary care doctor. When I went to South Africa several years ago I got a shot (in my butt) and I think it was for malaria.

As they say, don't drink the water.

For that type of stuff, I go by the CDC guidelines. I've had primary care doctors who didn't have a clue in this regard. There are doctors who specialize in travel medicine too. Anti-malarials as you mentioned are often specific to a region as to which is recommended.

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/vfr/argentina#vaccines-and-medicines

For OTC stuff you've had a slew of recommendations.

I personally don't care for Pepto-Bismol. For OTC stuff I generally pack a generic version of Imodium (loperamide) for diarrhea symptoms as well as some prescription antimicrobial such as Cipro (Ciprofloxacin) for likely diarrhea root cause. I also pack some Gas-X (or generic equivalent).

For heartburn, usually just some Tums, but I like spicy food so that's less of an issue for me.

Hope y'all have a great & safe trip!

Originally Posted By: expat
The probably have better stuff in Argentina. Years and years ago when I was a youngster going to Mexico you could get all kinds of pharmaceuticals over the counter that in the states would require a prescription in the Estado Unitos,Don't know about Argentina thoug

That's why I suggested Kaolin and Morphine.
I remember being able to get it over the counter in the Caribbean.
Which do you take first?

It comes mixed together in a bottle, you have to shake up the Kaolin before you take it.
http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/kaolin-and-morphine-mixture/prd-o2d

It works almost instantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back