anything bad about CITGO or harvest king?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me crazy... But I'd bet darn good money if the Citgo or Harvest King states it meets Dexron III specification... Then those fluids meet that spec.

I have Coastal Dex/Merc to put in my lady's Camry... I am rather confident that this transmission fluid meets those specs.

I know that Coastal makes a synthetic blend transmission fluid that actually carries the Mercon V approval... It has the actual approval number on the container. Plus it states that this fluid can be used in vehicles needing Dexron III H.... Maybe that's another way to go.

Originally Posted by kstanf150
Originally Posted by bbhero
Though I have read where certain transmissions have not always done very well with dexron IV... I think older Allison transmissions being one of them.... Sometimes it is just as well to run what originally came in there like Dexron III... My lady's Camry being specd Dexron III is what I am going to put in that 98 Camry transmission. Not Dexron IV.
I agree
Most consumers are not smarter than the factory engineers

Correct, but in this instance the factory engineers have stated that DEXRON-VI is the correct replacement for those applications that previously specified DEXRON-III.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back