Anyone with insight on awd 3.7 taurus interceptor.

The non police version car is a complete failure and never sold well for several very good reasons.
yeah...total failure... they only averaged 54,000 units per year....not counting the Lincoln MKS (same Car) sales numbers....
adding in the MKS makes it 63,197/year average

yeah...total failure... they only averaged 54,000 units per year....not counting the Lincoln MKS (same Car) sales numbers....
adding in the MKS makes it 63,197/year average
Yeah, quite the demise for the Taurus name. Had a 4th generation and briefly considered the last model, but the reviews described it as opening a bank vault and finding a piggy bank inside. They used to make 2-3 hundred thousand Taurus a year back in the 1st-4th generation time frame, sometimes even four hundred thousand.

I ended up in a Mercedes sedan.

We used to have the non PI as company cars. The main complaints were always that the cockpit was oddly shaped, cramped and really bad rear visibility. Rear passengers would often complain of getting car sick as the windows are very small and tall.

I can't recall anyone that actually liked them.

On the other hand we never had any major issues with them up to about 150K miles when we'd replace them. Like many have said, it's reported that the PTU unit and water pumps are issues in in the 3.5/3.7(same motor layout) , we just never saw that.

large.jpg

Had this 2016 last year. It was the AWD version. Quite fun to drive with plenty of power and a tight suspension that would corner like a sports car. Best thing about it is people just get out of your way when going down the highway.

I didn’t know you could get the 3.7 in the Taurus Interceptor. All the departments around me have the 3.5 Ecoboost.

As other have said, Ford took a large car body and gave it a cramped interior. The last Gen Taurus and the FWD Explorer were goof ups imo.

The 3.7 would be my choice over the 3.5 Ecoboost if keeping long term. Much less complicated and cheaper to repair without two turbos.
saw some of your posts on a taurus form ! how many miles did it have on it ?
Man if we got caught driving with those flashing red and blues here in Canada , You know the saying up :poop: creek...........

how did you manage to score that ?
If you don't mind telling how much did you pay for it.

It was running through an auction and nobody else was bidding because it had some pretty bad quality paintwork from a previous wreck. Ended up getting it for under $6,000.

Don’t the police versions have the water cooled PTU units?

I’d prefer the 3.7 over the 3.5 EB long term, although the SHO models are quite fast.

police cars have like 4 quadrillion engine hours on them, i’m sure everybody knows that.

if you want an ex fleet vehicle the continental is a good choice, fell off a mountain levels of depreciation. they can be had with the 8/150 warranty in the low teens, just run out the clock and eventually the dealer will have to give it away.

Back