Anyone with a newer Honda J35 V6 engine? I have

Status
Not open for further replies.
a question about oil changing.

We're picking up a 2013 Odyssey tonight with the J35A7 3.5l V6 with VCM and was wondering to myself if it is possible to siphon out the oil for the A services where the oil filter is not changed. I searched over on Odyclub.com, but came up with nothing. Maybe there are other Hondas/Acuras that use this engine? I think the Pilot comes to mind.

I don't currently have a vehicle that I change the oil this way so I don't have a MityVac or anything, but if I can pull the oil out of our new vehicle this way every other change I'll probably invest in a cheaper one that I see at Fleet Farm for farm equipment.

Thanks for any advice.

i know in the older odys, there are too many kinks or what not in the dipstick tube. The engine is upgraded but all the basic stuff is the same in terms of where the oil pan and filter are located. I have an 04 and you cannot use a mityvac. I use a fumoto valve- do not even have to put the thing on ramps.

I'm considering the Fumoto, but I've read that the 2011+ Odys have a belly pan that needs to be removed to access the drain and filter. I already have to do that on my Audi, so it'd be nice to not have to every other time on the van.

I change the oil on a co-worker's 2012 Civic, and the belly pan is VERY easy to manage. There's a large plastic tray that covers the entire bottom of the car, but there's a small square sheetmetal section in the middle that attaches with four large philips head screws. Very easy to remove and replace. Really a non-issue (as long as it's on drive-on ramps). It would be more difficult if not put on ramps.

If the Odyssey is similar, it'll likely be an easy task.

I know at a Local Dealer they do oil and filter on both the A and B services, i figure, the filter is cheap, might as well just do both and not worry about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back