Anyone Wear Clogs or Crocs ?

My 15 year old daughter would and does. Her feet tend to sweat a ton so socks and closed shoes feel awful to her.

I know a professional female skier who does also when going out in ski towns in middle of winter.

I seen a guy wearing some of these Star Trek Clogs

Screenshot 2023-01-07 at 23-21-03 Men Sports Sandals Men Outdoor Indoor Slippers Lightweight S...jpg

My 15 year old daughter would and does. Her feet tend to sweat a ton so socks and closed shoes feel awful to her.

I know a professional female skier who does also when going out in ski towns in middle of winter.
Some people have foot sweat issues. Like how some men have crotch sweat issues(they never wear pants, wear shorts for air flow)
all this can be prevented with antiperspirant on foot or Botox treatments.

I have a couple pair of the Crocs flip flops I wear mostly inside at least from April through September and on vacation at the beach. You couldn’t pay me to wear a pair of those ridiculous looking rubber clogs!

I wear them to and from work as work boots stay there. Wear them around the house and yard but usually about it as they are convenient

Does anyone wear Clogs or Crocs all year around ? I was at the store earlier and seen several people walking around with clogs on and it's like 30 degrees outside . Are these people Crazy ?
Clogs, crocs and flip flops are ridiculous and I would never wear them. Are they crazy? probably not but too lazy to lace up a pair of shoes.

I wear them all the time. Good for taking the dogs out or a quick trip into the garage. Good in the summer for around the yard shoes. If they get muddy or grassy, just hose them off. I usually get 1 year out of them. The tread wears off and they become dangerously slick when on wet surfaces.

My wife used to make fun of me for getting them until I went to put mine on after she went out with the dogs. She had taken my Crocs! I told her you can’t just make fun of them and wear them.. she she bought her own.

Some healthcare folks like Crocs because they are on their feet all day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4WD
Never have but never say never will. But it's highly unlikely. I'd likely get some old man New Balance before Crocs.
I would have said the same exact thing until I took up surf fishing. They are great for the walk over the rocks and broken shells from the car to the surf. And they float. But I’d never be seen in them outside of my fishing needs. Ugly!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorta?

No to Crocs. Yes to “clogs”.

I usually buy slip-on shoes for work. I dislike tying shoes, worse I can never find a pair that actually fit (I have narrow feet). So I buy shoes that I can lace once, then slip in and out of. Or just buy “work” shoes for the office that slip on and off.

For a while I was buying these shoes from the Bass outlet that would eventually have the heel collapse down from doing this. Once that happened, I’d keep them home and wear as indoor shoes. Err, clogs now, as they are clogs, or slippers, or whatever.

Not a fan of going barefoot. Toes get cold and I have a fear of cutting my feet on things. Worse, we have a dog, ergo, too many landmines around the house…

Yes - they make a “work” (Bistro) version with a sturdy bottom and no front/side holes that I can wear in cooler weather …

I wear Crocs ❤️. Sweetie wore hers around the house and when working in her garden, and I could see their value for me. I wear them around the apartment and in the building, when I take out the trash or need to get something from the car. I've always disliked slippers, but find the Crocs acceptable. I liked them enough to buy a second pair for when these wear out. Oh, yeah, they're great for when I wash the car ... no concerns about getting them wet.

Back