Anyone want to test a 2x Filter Manifold I made?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, its been years since I've regularly posted here. (Oh how I miss this site!) I do a lot of work in Alternative Fuels, I specifically designed this manifold to filter Diesel, Biodiesel and Plant oils. Along with any wacky blends of everything else people like to run, in a safer more robust fashion.

After doing a lot of amateur testing on my own I think this could have uses way beyond fuel/fuel oils. And perhaps coolant, Machine coolants, hydraulic oils and just maybe crankcase oils.

Filter-Housing-1.gif

It would seem as if what makes for a very good fuel filter spec, makes for a better engine oil filter in that the specs are much higher. Typically much lower micron ratings. For example the Baldwin filters in these pictures are for hydraulic oils and they are rated for 4.5 micron nominal, (Beta/ Nom Bx=2, Abo Bx=75). Some filters have bypasses, others do not.

Filter-Housing-2.gif

Filter-Housing-3.gif

Basic features are:
It is a 6061 Milled Alu housing
No#6 ORB Fitting Ports
3x Input Ports
3x Output Ports
Straight through Coolant Passage (for adding heat, OR cooling)
1-14 Thread
8 Mounting Holes (brackets in the works)

I'm trying to generate some feedback, and get some test results to help me decide if I want to pursue this further and maybe at some point start a small company. I want to be clear that this was not designed with crankcase oil filtering in mind. But the more I look at it it seems like it has some real possibilities perhaps in limited applications.

If you have a good filter testing rig setup I'd love to talk to you. It could be several weeks before I could set something up and I know some of you guys really enjoy doing this and have some amazing equipment so I am curious if anyone is interested so let me know!

Filter-Housing-4.gif

Hopefully if anything this makes for a interesting view!
smile.gif

Last edited:
Three thoughts:
1) welcome back from your hiatus
2) excellent looking piece; outstanding work!
3) this belongs in the filter forum; I'll move it for you

I am not entirely sure the best way to go about it. I have a lot of time/energy and $ in each of these little guys so I can't give them away, but I could loan one out. If someone has a new build or is very serious about getting one to keep I could be easily convinced to send one out below my cost in exchange for as much feedback (videos?) as you could provide.

Just send me a PM!

Originally Posted By: Garak
Beautiful workmanship! It's always amazing to see some of the skills that our forum friends have.

Yes, it is. It looks like it is made out of a single piece of metal on a CNC or something. It looks really trick..and expensive.

@Colt45

Thank you! its great to hear positive feed back on the design. Other people on other forums are not so nice
smile.gif

Keep in mind this was purpose built for fuel-filtration. Specifically: very dirty fuel filtration and lots of it. The direct competition to this filter if build quality is work into the equation start at $300, with most hovering around $350. Most of them are only single filters also. IF I go full steam ahead on this I am hoping to price these at $200 or less. And that will include some extras.

I brought it to this forum because there seems to be many oil filters in this thread-size also. So why the [censored] not? The more people that could benefit the better and gets easier to justify moving forward.

Its a 1-14 Thread, I don't have a list handy but I'm curious what filters have been review on this forum already that fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back