Anyone using the QS Advanced Durability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an oil change coming up and after my first and only oil analysis with MC 5W20 I am going to make a change. A previous car made noise after switching to YB and it also used more oil with that although nothing major. While I am considering trying that again I am also considering alternatives. GTX is out as that has made more noise than anything else in the different cars I have tried it in. My last car called for Quaker State in the manual so I used it and had no complaints but never had a UOA.

Is there any reason to think beyond the name change that it has a different formulation than Q Horsepower?

(I am currently using QH in a Traverse (3.6L DI engine)

Last edited:
Will work just fine in your Civic.

21Rouge, the Advanced Durability is the green bottle oil. The one your are using is the synthetic in the clear bottle.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
the Advanced Durability is the green bottle oil. The one your are using is the synthetic in the clear bottle.

Thanks Johnny.

So both AD and QH are being produced at this time? I just assumed that AD had replaced QH as I have not seen AD on the shelves in my neck of the woods
08.gif

Last edited:
There was a recent UOA here using QS AD green, the TBN looked low for the miles. But that was one UOA, and I have 2 Wally World jugs of QS AD green and will use it with no worries. The jug price is right.

21 Rouge you can go to the website here to read the offerings.

I wish the marketing department at Quaker State would decide on what names they want to use, then just leave them alone.

Advanced Durability - Green bottle conventional Group II QS

Enhanced Durability - Clear bottle synthetic blend Group II/III. Still says Q High RPM on the label.

Ultimate Durability - Clear bottle synthetic Group III. Still says Q Horsepower on the label.

http://www.quakerstate.com/#/products/motor-oil

I doubt they have changed the formulations much from the previous names.

Last edited:

Enhanced Durability - Clear bottle synthetic blend Group II/III. Still says Q High RPM on the label.

I will take another look to see if these conventional/blend are in Ontario. At first I thought not but I had assumed they were full synthetics and I most often just scan the synthetic section. I will let my eyes wander next time I am in a store.
wink.gif

I wish the marketing department at Quaker State would decide on what names they want to use, then just leave them alone.

Ultimate Durability - Clear bottle synthetic Group III. Still says Q Horsepower on the label.

http://www.quakerstate.com/#/products/motor-oil

I doubt they have changed the formulations much from the previous names.

Agreed 100%! They need to pick a name and STAY with it. I think they really screwed up this time wiith their XXXX Durability name on every formula. It is going to be very confusing for people even with the smaller HP, RPM, etc... on the bottle underneath the Durability name.

Looks like Torque Power has gone away in the new name scheme.

They need someone new in marketing. I nominate Johnny!
25.gif

I appreciate the recommendation, but NO THANK YOU.
grin2.gif

I might add, not only Shell but every stinking oil company should make two oils. Just one conventional and one synthetic. Same thing on the HDEO side of the business. Here is our 15W-40 and here is our 5W40 synthetic.

Last edited:
I would go along with that but I would say they should offer a conventional, blend, and synthetic. But just one per kind as you say and then stick with it. Ok to reforumlate but man stop the name changing and 3 conventionals, 2 blends, and a partridge in a synthetic pear tree approach.
smirk2.gif

I appreciate the recommendation, but NO THANK YOU.
grin2.gif

I might add, not only Shell but every stinking oil company should make two oils. Just one conventional and one synthetic. Same thing on the HDEO side of the business. Here is our 15W-40 and here is our 5W40 synthetic.

Its all about shelf space, Johnny, shelf space!

I might add, not only Shell but every stinking oil company should make two oils. Just one conventional and one synthetic.

Any other fantasy you'd like to hope for?
grin2.gif

Because some oil company they have EP this, AFE that, HM and regular, TDT, Truck/SUV, blah blah blah.... All on the SYN side only!
crackmeup2.gif

I think Shell/Pennzoil/QS has kept it low when compared to other companies. I do agree with why the heck did they do this "Durability" stuff?

I know, marketing....
smirk2.gif

You know who started this don't you?

Quaker State and Valvoline. Quaker State started it when they first introduced 4x4 oil years ago. Then, Valvoline said well heck lets see, how about a high mileage oil, and not to be topped, Quaker State came out with their high mileage oil. Then, here comes Valvoline again with their Durablend, and then the multi line oil spicket opened for every oil company under the sun.

I miss yellow, white and green, and white and blue solid metal cans.

You know who started this don't you?

Quaker State and Valvoline. Quaker State started it when they first introduced 4x4 oil years ago. Then, Valvoline said well heck lets see, how about a high mileage oil, and not to be topped, Quaker State came out with their high mileage oil. Then, here comes Valvoline again with their Durablend, and then the multi line oil spicket opened for every oil company under the sun.

The consumer wins in the end though because every company is fighting to offer the "best oil" to attract customers...

If I were one of these oil companies, I would come out with 1 really stout oil and claim that I didn't need to market a million different oils because our 1 oil meets every need! This would be backed up by a stout additive package paid for by the production costs savings of not having a gazillion different product lines, packaging etc.
thumbsup2.gif

Well, at one time that is exactly what Amsoil did. Here is our 5W-30, 10W-30, 10W-40, and 15W-40. Now look at them. They have a different size shoe to fit every foot.

That's what I mean... I think everyone needs to get back to basics. Offer a darn good 1 size fits all oil for all engines in the same category and leave it at that.
21.gif

And REAL 24 can cases... Cases that took a REAL MAN to lift...

Opened with a can opener. Used a oil spout..

I'll be quiet now, I'm showing my age.
48.gif

Yes sir, and I'm not talking about those stupid cardboard/composite cans, but real metal cans.

I use to unload those 24/1 quart cases from a box car by hand to put in the warehouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back