anyone using the ECOMETER by AUTOMETER ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's pretty cool looking, but I would rather have a Scan Gauge and be able to do much more than this and reset check engine codes.

Thanks for posting this...
grin2.gif

this is cheaper alternative . Would like it if read codes and gave coolant ( engine ) temps. The YARIS has no temp gage , so gives us the willies at times . Welcome .

A nice toy. I prefer my ScanGauge.

I don't see anything about being able to train the device like you can a ScanGauge. I wonder how it ensures accuracy across all the vehicles it can be placed in.

Maybe the algorithm is that much better?

I think the scangauge would be less intrusive looking... and give more data. Nice meter all the same.

I'd rather have an old fashioned SUN Tach on my dash than that geeky thing. But it is neat and probably will sell to a certain niche market. I don't really care about MPG's.

IMHO, a guage that reads fuel consumption at any given moment should be a mandatory device. If "we", as a gas consuming public are serious about saving gas, that is. This type of guage would/should change people's driving habits. I know I'd be looking at it and adjusting the way I drive to get better mileage.

Originally Posted By: JackFish
IMHO, a guage that reads fuel consumption at any given moment should be a mandatory device. If "we", as a gas consuming public are serious about saving gas, that is. This type of guage would/should change people's driving habits. I know I'd be looking at it and adjusting the way I drive to get better mileage.

I see your point but think of this - people can't even use a cell phone while driving much less look at an instrument to "better" their driving economy.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Originally Posted By: JackFish

I see your point but think of this - people can't even use a cell phone while driving much less look at an instrument to "better" their driving economy.

+1 and some people just dont care about gas mileage. i know how to get good mileage, go slow and keep the car out of boost, i choose not to. my car has the instant mileage, miles to empty, as well as average on the message center so i can look at it if i want. i celebrated $5 a gallon gas by going to Willow Springs and filling up with $8 a gallon 100 octane.

Last edited:
many cars come with digital display for current mileage . The '07 PRIUS we owned had it and never caused us to get distracted and into any unfortunate mishaps . If anything , helped to accomplish better mileage . Which made us more aware of the road ahead and how to milk it for the fuel economy . Plan on getting this gage in the near future .

we drive conservatively to save money . Not so much for the environment , although is part of it . Can't save the environment alone , but can save money at the pump alone . ;- )

Nice cheap alternative to a ScanGuage if all you need to know is MPG. I have kept my ScanGuage in my CR-V since my Fit has both instant and trip mpg. I'd gotten the ScanGuage b/c my 9-5 didn't not have instant, just trip.

I, too, blew off gas saving after a while of having my Scangauge. I just didn't want to sacrifice getting where I needed to go quickly for mpg. I reformed myself when I switched back to the CR-V and had to go slow to get more than 23 mpg. Now with the Fit, there's no sacrifices. I can drive pretty crazy with a/c blasting and not get less than 32 mpg. Driving conservatively, I can get 40 or better!

got the ECO-METER yesterday . Installed it in the '09 automatic YARIS 4 foor liftback and then filled tank . Reset the overall average mileage on the ECO-METER and drove for 101.1 miles . Then put 2.36 gallons of gas in YARIS and got 42.83 m.p.g. . The ECO-METER showed 43.2 for overall mileage . So , quite accurate . This is the best the '09 has done so far .

the whole trip was 2 people , 87 octane w/ ethanol , tires at 34 p.s.i. , speeds high as 72 on interstate , and steep mountains / hills to climb . I'd say close to 30% city .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back