Anyone Using QSUD In The New Jugs? Any Opinions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone using the QSUD in the new jugs? Some say it was reformulated and if so is it still as good as it used to be? Any recent uoa's on it?

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Same stuff..just a new bottle....

+1, nothing is going to change until the change over to ILSAC GF-6.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Does it have the foil seal?

Shell is trying an experiment to see how many different combinations of labels and bottle designs they can go through without going to a foil seal to mix things up.
wink.gif
Personally, I have no problem with no seal, but I've never been stuck with a jug of used oil in an old bottle, nor had an oil leak.

If the plastic lipped cap-seal is not broken when opening, you are good-to-go.

BTW..... I check mine right after purchase - even before I walk outside and never had to return the five quart jug to the service center dept yet.

When you open a sealed-lip cap, you can tell if the plastic lip has already been tampered with. I've heard stories about dishonest purchasers swapping cheap oil with good oil, then returning the jug to the store for a refund.

Beware of that ugly practice folks.

Last edited:
That isn't the only problem. For those who maintain a 'stash' of oil, SOPUS bottles sometimes seep from the cap even when not tampered with. Hopefully not the case with the newly released packaging.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en

Last time I bought Shell stuff from Walmart, I just grabbed a sealed box of jugs, so there was no problem.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Farmer
+1, nothing is going to change until the change over to ILSAC GF-6.

Wait, dexos1 is newly updated as of Jan. 1, 2017. Right now. Maybe the new labelled QSUD has a modified formula (???). Could be something had to be tweaked, like for LSPI.

Originally Posted By: Triple_Se7en

BTW..... I check mine right after purchase - even before I walk outside and never had to return the five quart jug to the service center dept yet.

When you open a sealed-lip cap, you can tell if the plastic lip has already been tampered with. I've heard stories about dishonest purchasers swapping cheap oil with good oil, then returning the jug to the store for a refund.

Beware of that ugly practice folks.

I have purchased oil from wal mart years ago that I did not check the foil seal. I went to pour it in and while it wasnt clean, it wasnt dirty. Its possible the guys in the lube center poured it in and then drained it right back out. I took it back and Walmart swapped it out without issue. I cant remember what brand oil or anything. It was probably super tech oil since I used to use that on my old van.

New jugs don't impress me at all

I'll stick with my Valvoline and M1 clearance oils and Magnatec and EDGE. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it
smile.gif

I put a new jug in our Focus last month. Did not and have not noticed anything unusual, but I have never run QSUD before and my daughter is the primary driver of that vehicle. But it seems fine to me.

None of the sopus lineup uses the inner seal which is a little odd because all the other quality oils use an inner seal..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back