Anyone using PH3600/FL400s on thier Camry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is also a Baldwin B243, which I believe is a much better filter. If you have the room, I would recommend the B2HPG Baldwin, which is a ceramic filter, that filters to 5 microns.O.D. :B243 is 3 (76.2) by 4 27/32 (123.9) 8 PSI by pass valve. The B2HPG is O.D. 3 3/4 (95.3) Length : 5 9/32 (134.1)8 PSI by pass valve Application call for a B33 which is 2 11/16 (68.3) Length : 3 (76.2) 14 PSI by-pass valve.

Length : 4 27/32 (123.0)

Before I swapped to this larger filter on the Camry --because I am not the owner -- I compared the gasket specs closely.

Before I tried to slap a larger B2 filter on there ( this is the FL1A "full size" filter) I'd go back to the book again. Until then, I doubt it would work.

On the Camry I've used Baldwin and Motorcraft. Next will be Wix.

I am using a B2HPG in place of the B243, and no problem with the gasket - the units are interchangeable. I would use the B2HPG over the B2 since it is a much better filter and costs about twice as much. There is no doubt that the Baldwin is a better filter than the Motorcraft and Wix.

Just a little curious here. Has anyone used the PH3600/FL400s/51516 filter on their Toyota 4cyl? This filter seems to fit and looks as if it's twice the height of the original filter. Only difference is weaker burst srength. 400psi compared to 275psi.

Any real complications using a filter twice the length of the original.

Thanks

A 98' Camry is exactly the car that I would like to install it on. There is a ton of room and the gasket size is almost exactly the same as the 4967's. I just don't know if it's worth doing.

dkcase,

Do you need to add extra oil for the 3600 size?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back