Anyone using Optilux 1100 series projectors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
These are compact projector fog lamps. They make several types of this lamp, all pretty much the same. Only differences are in body/casing color and lense color. From what I hear on other forums, these projector fog lamps have a nice cut-off and produce decent light, but I can barely find any pictures. Any one have any experience with these? I'd be using them for the purpose intended: fog lamps.

Check out the reviews for them and the rest of the optilux line on Amazon. From what ive read about them in the past, they are hella's cheapo line that dosent seem to last very long. You probably want to look at better fogs.

Just because they are projectors, doesn't mean they will have the intensity, construction or optics to produce good light for driving fog...whatever.

Stick with brand names and proven designs like Hella 500, 550 etc like on this page: http://www.myhellalights.com/index.php/default/auxiliary-lamps/halogen-lamps/
Hella DE Micros or Micro FF are the anomalies out there. Usually you need fairly large housings and reflectors to produce great light. These two are the exception as they are well respected and are well designed but at a cost.

... or Cibie, Marchal found on this page: http://www.danielsternlighting.com/products/products.html

These light companies are legendary. For years their quality and performance are what all the rest of the companies try to duplicate. Hint, look at rally cars 20 years ago and what are used today...much of the same products.

Any company that claims to put out more light than anyone else or 55W=85W (PIAA) or dual function type lamps (ie Lightforce etc highly debatable)...are ones to be skipped if you are really serious about quality and performance and you will most assuredly pay way more $$ than the value you will be getting in return.

I have used the Optilux line before, and I thought they performed okay. I've also had cheap projector fog lamps before, but they were no-name brand ebay ones made to fit my old Neon; those actually performed pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back