Anyone Using Floor Liners in Vehicle w/ Vinyl Flooring (not carpeted)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed while looking for floor mat/liners that the liner (tray) types are usually not offered for trucks with vinyl floor covering like my F-150 XL has. My truck doesn't have the two push pin holes or any cleats for a floor liner to fasten.

Anyone in a similar situation found a decent floor liner that stays put w/o the vehicle having the two fastening points in the floor? Husky claims their X-Act Contour premium liners will stay put on cleatless vinyl floor pan, but I'm hoping to confirm some success stories from other drivers before dropping $250 on a set of them.

I put Weather Tech liners over the vinyl floor in my Sierra. They came with mounting pins that glue to the floor. Installation was quick and easy, they've held fast since April 2018. I would buy them again.

Originally Posted by AZjeff
The '18 Titan S is a rubber mat truck and it came with the hooks and liners. Thought it strange on a base model but whatever.

That is unusual, but I'm still chuckling over putting floor mats/liners over the factory 'rubber' floor. I get it though. Trucks are expensive and to each their own. It's been awhile since I've owned a rubber floored truck and I loved them that way. Sweep them out, hose them out and they look brand new.

Originally Posted by JTK
The '18 Titan S is a rubber mat truck and it came with the hooks and liners. Thought it strange on a base model but whatever.

That is unusual, but I'm still chuckling over putting floor mats/liners over the factory 'rubber' floor. I get it though. Trucks are expensive and to each their own. It's been awhile since I've owned a rubber floored truck and I loved them that way. Sweep them out, hose them out and they look brand new.
I'd still want something sacrificial under the gas pedal, otherwise I agree. I thought floor liners were designed to protect the carpet from snow melting off of your boots.

Originally Posted by JTK
It's been awhile since I've owned a rubber floored truck and I loved them that way. Sweep them out, hose them out and they look brand new.

After a 2 hour drive the 11 month old puppy spewed onto the floor. Paper towels, some water, a shopping bag and good as new. Rubber floor for the win!

Weathertech was awesome thick with soft rubber many years ago. Their mats were made in England and lasted decades. News ones (Made in China) are cheap, thin, and rubber isn't as malleable and wears out. I compared them....

Profit vs quality! My humble opinion.....

JTK said:
After a 2 hour drive the 11 month old puppy spewed onto the floor. Paper towels, some water, a shopping bag and good as new. Rubber floor for the win!

LOL! Talk about perfect flooring for pets. Our new pup has spewed horrifically 2-3x in the minivan. That's the darling bride's deal. She still insists on bringing it along to places. You bring it, you clean it.

Originally Posted by Onetor
Weathertech was awesome thick with soft rubber many years ago. Their mats were made in England and lasted decades. News ones (Made in China) are cheap, thin, and rubber isn't as malleable and wears out. I compared them....

Profit vs quality! My humble opinion.....

Sure about that? From WT's website: The FloorLiner is proudly designed, engineered and manufactured with American made tooling in the USA.

Their custom fit liners say Made in USA but the universal fit ones don't. Got the custom fit ones for the RAV, expensive but fit is perfect.

Originally Posted by JTK

The liners hold liquid such as snow melt so it stays within the liner and doesn't go everywhere. Just remove liner pour the water out, rinse, put back in the truck. Just like cleaning off a dinner tray. Plus as maxdustington said, good to have something there to prevent your heel from wearing a hole in the factory rubber floor.

LoneRanger,

Check out RuggedRidge liners as well. They are VERY thick rubber/plastic composition, have excellent fit (at least in my application), and tend to be less expensive than WeatherTech. You might have to contact the company regarding use in a pickup with the non-carpet flooring. I found Husky liners to be thinner and on my Jeep forum there were problems a few years ago with the Husky's warping during use. Maybe that is fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back