Anyone use full synthetic and still change at 3k oci's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow now granted special cases like yours should be observed in noted.

Thats one hard engine but I guess being in a Land Rover makes up for it.

Most message boards I frequent have everyone saying 2500-3000 miles on Mobil 1. I would love to be able to get ahold of that oil, run it through an offline bypass filter a few times, and pop it in my car. Anyone have any thoughts on using used oil?

Guilty of the 3k OCI also.... Using Mobil 1. HOWEVER, since joining this board I have reluctantly began going to 5k on our vehicles. My wife and daughter are worried about me....

Wow I am amazed that even with all the information on this board, there are still folks that would opt to change their oil every 3K while using SYNTHETIC ?
lol.gif

Thermo, that's waay to general a statement about sludge. Some sludge prone cars can deplete a synth additive pack before 7.5k (like my saab)

I change oil every 15K and the filter every 3K. Been doing it for 15-years. Got turned onto Amsoil by a radio talk show guy that hosted a car repair radio show. He said he would change the oil in his wife's late model car and use her dirty oil for an oil change in his daily beater. The guy drove a Chrysler Cordoba with about 300K on it!

I run GC in 99 Saturn SC2 & 01 Chevy S-10 and change it every 5000-7000.

Why? Cuz i want too...wasteful? probably...depletes natural resources? to a degree....afterall, this next generation NEEDS problems to solve since they have all the answers...

just imho, ymmv
darrell
sin city

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back