Anyone use an ergonomic mouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If so, which one do you use and what are your thoughts?

I've developed a carpal tunnel syndrome in the past few months, and I believe it's primarily due to me working with the mouse and not really due to typing on a keyboard. So I'm looking into an ergonomic mouse that forces a different hand position. Curious if anyone uses one of these and what you think of it.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I would talk to institutional traders. Otherwise, you will go through a ton of products. Good luck!

My old Microsoft intellimouse explorer (I think that is what it was) on my docking station died and I just didn't like the feel newer Microsoft one I had to replace it with. I have a Logitech m705 that fits my big hand good that I keep in my laptop bag. I got a Logitech Mx master 2s and it feels great and fits good. The only issue with it is that the ratchet mechanism that locks the scroll wheel broke after a week.

If it's not arm position/arm support than try it I guess. I use my computer a lot and used to play vidya for long periods of time and never had any trouble with a normal mouse. My current desk is a kitchen table with the legs trimmed to desk height, so I have more space to stretch out. Most of my forearm is supported by the table and I have no problems at all. Change your chair height or try a different desk before spending money on a mouse shaped like a piece of cheese!

If I use a conventional mouse for any extended period of time, my wrist starts to hurt. About 6-7 years ago I switched to a full size gaming mouse, not because I game but because of the size and ergonomics. At home and at work I have a Gigabyte M6900. Really comfortable for daily use.

I have experimented with vertical mice and have only tried one, but it works really well and isn't expensive to try at about $20. They have a wired one that is even less at about $14 and I did try that first, but I felt that the cord would push the mouse around and it felt "light" although it was about the same weight as the wireless one. It looks like you are already looking at the one that I have. I have the Anker Wireless Ergonomic Mouse.

In my opinion, try the Anker, it's only $20 use it for a while and if you absolutely love it, then look into the more expensive ones to get more features. You can spend $100 on an ergo mouse easy.

I use that exact type of mouse. The one I have at work here is "Sharkk Basics" (yes with two K's). Model SK137U. I love the thing. I started getting the slightest carpal tunnel symptoms, then slightly more. Getting these for home and work nearly solved it completely. I just make sure I stretch my hand back and forth every once in a while. I even use it for gaming. It was well worth it for me to get the two I have. They are fairly cheap. I haven't contacted a doctor since my carpal tunnel syndrome wasn't very bad and now I have lessened it. Not sure how it would work for a worse condition of it I just know it worked for me.

It looks like the Sharkk mouse if a differently branded Anker mouse.

My Anker model number is TM137G.

+1 on trying out a gaming mouse.
The problem with a lot of today's computer mice is that they are all so small. I don't have large hands, more like medium, but most of regular mice feel too small for me, gaming mice solve this problem.

At my previous work they had all sorts of ergonomic mice that I tried out. I tried the one you pictured, and one that looks like a gaming joystick, they all were not that great. The best one, that I eventually chose to use at the office was the Contour Roller Mouse. You have to get used to it, as it totally defies conventional devices, but worked great for me. And it has copy, paste and double click shortcut keys, which I found worked very well and saved a lot of strain. These are very pricey though.

contour-rollermouse-red-plus-top-300-dpi.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted by racer12306

My Anker model number is TM137G.
That is apparently the older model. The newer model is the one I posted an image of in the OP. Going to try that one as well as the wired one. Thanks all.

Does the wireless one have the ability to recharge batteries? My current Logitech does not but it's not a big deal as I have many dedicated NiMH chargers.

I keep a trackball and a regular mouse at my desk at work. I find that if I switch between the two, especially on days I do a lot of CAD work, I notice less fatigue in my hand. I still miss my old Logitech Trackman Marble FX.

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete

Does the wireless one have the ability to recharge batteries? My current Logitech does not but it's not a big deal as I have many dedicated NiMH chargers.

No, just two AAAs

Can't give you any indication on battery life as when I'm at my desk, I use the Gigabyte mouse. The Anker is my meeting mouse because I can't stand using trackpads except for a very short duration.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back