Anyone use a Mityvac on their mower?

Mine uses this cone shaped plug that you can stick into any container you want to draw liquid into. I draw oil into old oil jugs, fuel into a jerry can, etc. Its the greatest invention of all time.
9B3BB28B-F054-4E5F-8165-A0EA30F7928D.jpeg

UncleDave

$50 Site Donor 2023
Mine uses this cone shaped plug that you can stick into any container you want to draw liquid into. I draw oil into old oil jugs, fuel into a jerry can, etc. Its the greatest invention of all time. View attachment 97098
Does this mean I have to deal with drips from the pump, tube, and adaptor?

The mityvac hoses are quite stiff - that floppy tube isnt going to work in many of my cases- into a mower through the fill plug - sure.

Down my Hondas/ nissan/ boats dipstick tube - not happening.

Does this mean I have to deal with drips from the pump, tube, and adaptor?

The mityvac hoses are quite stiff - that floppy tube isnt going to work in many of my cases- into a mower through the fill plug - sure.

Down my Hondas/ nissan/ boats dipstick tube - not happening.
Yes it’s probably a bit more messy if you’re moving it between containers a lot. You can use any tubes you want with it if the ones supplied aren’t doing the trick. I haven’t found any instance where I needed a stiffer tube yet.

Use what ever is easiest for you. On my snow blowers I use DrainZ-it type of hoses and drain right in to the disposal container. Now mess or transfer involved. On walk behind mowers I tip on the side. The Briggs Vanguard engines come with a plastic channel to make the oil change smoother and less messy. I know most people loose them. Then they make a mess. Clever people make their own. What every works. There is no wrong answer.