Anyone try LifeLock?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you sense that these guys are going to try and open credit in your name or something, then place a fraud alert. It takes 5 minutes. Lifelock won't save you from people stealing credit card numbers and such.

Last edited:
Nope. The essential service they provide is keeping fraud alerts active with the credit bureaus.

By law, if you are ever a victim of identity theft, the bureaus have to keep a fraud alert active for I believe 1 year.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pablo
BTW - the second link is hilarious!!

Yea, after having some clients of mine ask about it, I googled "lifelock scam".

Took about 2 minutes to realize it's yet another garbage service.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
.... people stealing credit card numbers and such.

Two otherwise unrelated cards.....one late last month. M. Card used for Amsoil business. Somebody did an $85 charge in Italy. Card shut down. Then my other bus. VISA (totally different bank) yesterday: match.com, FTD.com, singlematch.com, singleparents.com, etc....shut down.

Clues???

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm; have you checked your credit report?

What have you used the card to purchase? IE, what merchants?

FWIW, Capital One sent me a new card with "enhanced security features" after there was a breach at a major merchant.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
.... people stealing credit card numbers and such.

Two otherwise unrelated cards.....one late last month. M. Card used for Amsoil business. Somebody did an $85 charge in Italy. Card shut down. Then my other bus. VISA (totally different bank) yesterday: match.com, FTD.com, singlematch.com, singleparents.com, etc....shut down.

Clues???

A lonely Italian?

The MC I pretty much use for some web splurges and Amsoil. Maybe an odd lunch when I'm on the road.

The VISA I use for ordering parts and supplies for Sick Bike Parts.

I better check my Credit Report!!

http://www.lifelock.com/

I got fiends after me. Two credit cards hacked in the last two months, etc......

Somebody hacked into mine last week...This is the second time in 2 years..Somebody also was using PayPal with my card number a few months ago on top of all that..I was planning to check into lifelock but not sure now.

My sister uses Discover for this service..I believe she said its 14 bucks a month as long as you have a Discover Card which I don't

As far as Identity Theft goes its going to happen to you..Its just when its going to happen..I am super careful with my credit card and it still happened and keeps happening.

BTW I heard on the news a few months ago Florida is #1 when it comes Identity Theft..I believe it cause I never had a problem with that until I moved here 6 years ago.

Pablo,

I was a victim of CC fraud and if you call 1 credit bureau and place a 'Fraud Alert' on your file, the other 2 credit bureaus will do the same automatically.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Pablo,

I was a victim of CC fraud and if you call 1 credit bureau and place a 'Fraud Alert' on your file, the other 2 credit bureaus will do the same automatically.

yeppers. I got the scoop. Just need to mail the stuff now.

There is no need for you to mail anything.

Call Experian, TransUnion or Equifax and put that alert ASAP !!!!!!!!

I'm sure you also know not to let your CC out of your sight when you go out to dinner and the waiter using a 'Credit card skimming' device to get all your info from the magnetic strip, then transfer all the data onto a blank card and go on a spending spree.

There is no need for you to mail anything.

Call Experian, TransUnion or Equifax and put that alert ASAP !!!!!!!!

I already called TU. They have the alert going, but you are wrong, you still need to mail them some information to confirm your call.

I'm sure you also know not to let your CC out of your sight when you go out to dinner and the waiter using a 'Credit card skimming' device to get all your info from the magnetic strip, then transfer all the data onto a blank card and go on a spending spree.

Yeah.....I worry most about online junk....

I believe you, seems like they changed their policy and now need some additional info.

I had Bank Of America call me about 4 years ago and tell me that my CC was being used in New York at a retail store called Dr Jays (hip-hop clothing store)
mad.gif

I told the lady that I have never even been to NY and that I would never wear hip hop urban clothing if you gave it to me for free !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back