Anyone tried the new Providence oil from Rural King?

Seems like they phased out the Harvest King oil with this. It’s still $2.99 per quart, & $13.99 for a 5 quart jug which is a great deal for synthetic. Is this a new formula, or just a name change?

Attachments

• BE62F993-AF0A-4EBA-96C6-16C8F28DB40E.jpeg
    BE62F993-AF0A-4EBA-96C6-16C8F28DB40E.jpeg
    149.1 KB · Views: 368
  • D4FE8B22-0E0D-4A50-A745-112799F0A868.jpeg
    D4FE8B22-0E0D-4A50-A745-112799F0A868.jpeg
    207.7 KB · Views: 378
I believe that oil is still made by Warren Oil. Warren Oil makes very good oils that meet API SP and Dexos.

Can't go wrong with a oil made by Warren Oil. I'd run that Providence Oil with no problem. I have run Coastal semi synthetic in my lady's 98 Camry. I have Coastal DexMerc in that car right now too. Car runs perfect with that in the transmission.

I believe that oil is still made by Warren Oil. Warren Oil makes very good oils that meet API SP and Dexos.

Can't go wrong with a oil made by Warren Oil. I'd run that Providence Oil with no problem. I have run Coastal semi synthetic in my lady's 98 Camry. I have Coastal DexMerc in that car right now too. Car runs perfect with that in the transmission.
Here’s the bottom of the bottle? This Warren Distribution or Warren Oil? I know there’s two different Warrens. I know one of them makes Walmart’s Supertech also.

Attachments

• D85F5242-806A-4437-8987-8BCC0F79863E.jpeg
    D85F5242-806A-4437-8987-8BCC0F79863E.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 565
Idk about this oil but I put Harvest King in my Tundra & Wifes Infiniti and within a week or so they both developed major oil leaks.
I drained both engines and put Mobil1 back in again cause its what I usually run. That HK $10/5qt sale price got my attention though. Grrr!

The Infiniti leak stopped completely after switching back but I had to replace valve cover gaskets on the Tundra as it only slowed to a seep.
Now Idk why HK oil caused the leaks but it certainly did.
As an old dealer & muscle car freak I've owned over 200 cars in my 50yrs of driving and never seen nor heard of this happening.
Many here may remember when Syn hit shelves yrs ago it was rumored if you switch from dino to full syn it can cause gasket leaks but that was bs and both these were full syn oils. But' this ordeal sure makes me wonder if certain oil additives can indeed cause oil leaks? There is generally a grain of truth to rumors as they say? Idk who they is btw but we know they say it a lot..lol

Anyways' our vehicles use two different oil grades too so it wasn't just a bad batch imo.
Its crazy I know, if only one engine leaked Id simply assumed its time for gaskets as both are older higher mileage vehicles. Tundra nearing 400k which could be why it never stopped leaking after changing back but my old gasket wasnt hard or torn?

Maybe the HK oil was made so cheap its additives or quality control was severely effected, who knows but if you spring a leak here switch this oil out before buying your new gaskets.

Personally I'm sticking with my more expensive go to brands after this weird oil fiasco cause I clearly understand I was very lucky it was only VC gaskets.
Sorry long post..
Merry Christmas to all!

Back