Anyone stocking up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I paid $3.80 a gallon for gas this morning so the cost of oil should not be far behind. I picked up six 5qt jugs of Mobil 1 T&SUV this afternoon (all they had). At $19.99 a jug it has nowhere to go but up anyway, so I don't thing I wasted money.

I stocked on oil over the past year, mainly to get a bunch of SL. I have some 180 quarts or so. Nice to know I won't run out of motor oil. A five year supply.
grin.gif
fruit.gif

I bought 4 gallon jugs of Exxon Superflo yesterday at AZ. If the exxonmobil rebate goes through, it will work out to $1.15 a quart. If I don't like it, I can sell it to my friends when I help them change their oil. Figured the price wasn't going down anytime soon.

I am up over 200 and stopping.
blush.gif
Loaded up on GC when I first found this board. Loaded up on Mobil 1 during Pep Boys buy 3 get 3 free calendar deal. Loaded up on Havoline and Maxlife synthetics at AZ $1-2 closeout and Pennzoil Platinum with the $15 Mastercard gift cards. Somehow managed about 30 qt's of Mobil 5000 during the Mobil giveaway,
wink.gif
.Loaded up on .49 Chevron oil from Kragen rebate offer, and then when I thought I was all done, Dollar Tree TropArtic 10W-30 synthetic blend came along.

Hopefully I am done...
dunno.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Warrior102:
I paid $3.80 a gallon for gas this morning so the cost of oil should not be far behind. I picked up six 5qt jugs of Mobil 1 T&SUV this afternoon (all they had). At $19.99 a jug it has nowhere to go but up anyway, so I don't thing I wasted money.

You might want to buy 16 tires to go with that oil!

Picked up another flat of XD-3 0W30 full synth motor oil for a bit under $3/quart USD. With natural gas prices going through the roof, I have the feeling that the days of the $15 full synth HDEO oil change are going to be over quick.

Heheh..funny we keep stocking up on oil(like me..lost count now on SL GC Greens, Delo, Redline, Motul, Maxlife and Havoline Syns..
wink.gif
). But the higher gas prices would go..the less I would drive. Thus it'll take forever for me to finish all that oil(for my driving habits at least).

I'd balance/control myself on stocking oil from hereon..I also see that stashed oil = money "sitting". There are also other ways money can work for me...but that's just my 10 cents.
smile.gif

[ September 02, 2005, 09:45 PM: Message edited by: vwoom ]

I asked the wife to pick up 2 jugs of Pennzoil 5-30 while it's on sale for about $7.50 a jug. I'm sure it will only go up for the near future...

I have 137 quarts myself. I did have 168 quarts 9 months ago. I'm using up my stash. I haven't bought oil in along time. I think I'm starting to get cured from my oil clearance frenzy

quote:

Originally posted by vwoom:
I also see that stashed oil = money "sitting". There are also other ways money can work for me...but that's just my 10 cents.
smile.gif

Yah, but I figure at .49 per qt, that's basically $6.00 for a case of oil after rebate. If I were to buy it a full retail, at around $1.50 per qt, that would be $18.00. Net gain $12.00. This is something that will be eventually consumed and not just sitting around looking pretty. No way can you get decent oil for less than that, and chances are down the road it will most likely be higher. And for the amount of money we're talking about, no way can I make it work better for me.

Point taken, ediamiam...But $12 "interest" from a Kragen rebate no less..
rolleyes.gif
. Good luck on the wait.

quote:

Originally posted by vwoom:
Heheh..funny we keep stocking up on oil(like me..lost count now on SL GC Greens, Delo, Redline, Motul, Maxlife and Havoline Syns..
wink.gif
).

Okay, 145 the last count(includes QS Syn Blends, Valvo Durablends, Synpowers, Motorcraft HDEOs, Chev Supremes that I forgot to mention)..plus 5 5gal jugs of Synpower.

Yea..clearance frenzy.
pat.gif

[ September 03, 2005, 12:56 AM: Message edited by: vwoom ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back