Anyone shoot .22 TCM 9R?

This caliber intrigues me. It seems to be a blast to shoot being all big booms and fireballs but with light recoil (not that that's really an issue). I bought a box of 22TCM9R ammo last year with the plan of buying a Glock conversion barrel/spring for it but never ended up doing so. I'm considering just trying to sell the one box I have and being done with it, but I also have the desire to build another Polymer80 and doing so around a 22TCM9R conversion barrel (ammo shortages aside) seems like a good reason to.

Anyone shoot it regularly, preferably indoors? Does the 'fun factor' wear off quick? Waste of money just for the sake of having something different?

Opinions wanted. Thanks!

Possibly similar performance to the 5.7x28? I've shot the 5.7 and it's very low recoil with lots of velocity.

It intrigues me too... I'd be more interested if someone besides Armscor would start making ammo for it.

i shot a mag of 22tcm from a cousin’s ria 1911 style pistol a couple of weeks ago. indeed no recoil but quite a bang, like a hot-rodded 22wmr. as noted above, and informed by my cousin, ammo is expensive and very hard to find. it is unclear to me what problem 22tcm is trying to solve. i’m a revolver guy so my money would go towards a ruger lcr-x 3” 22wmr double action revolver, or maybe a keltec pmr30 22wmr semiauto pistol, for a similar but more accessible experience to 22tcm. if i really wanted a non mainstream semiauto pistol i would look at a 38super.

ending up somehow with a box or two of orphan ammo, then trying to find a handgun to match it, is a problem that i am plagued with too. it’s a hard habit to kick...

Thanks, guys. I've pretty much decided to put my box of ammo up on the local firearms site to sell/trade and be done with it. Maybe I'll shoot one someday, but for now...

Back