Anyone see the Kia flat spin TV commercial yet?

Those K5 commercials are trash.

The car in the commercial is a
GT which has a larger engine and more power than the other K5’s including the “GT Line”, a completely different car than the GT.

A couple months ago, I was looking to buy a K5. No GT’s available anywhere. Plenty of “GT Line” available.

The commercials all show high performance GT but you the viewer think all the regular K5 including the “GT Line” have the performance of the GT.

When looking at K5’s, I found that there was no GPS Nav available. Can’t remember if SXM available.
Test drive a “GT Line” and did not like it. My Sonatas had more standard features, more power and a real 8 speed transmission, vice the Duel Clutch transmission of the K5’s. If the K5 was equipped like an Optima or a Sonata, I would’ve bought one.

As luck would have it, I spotted a previous owned 2017 Cadenza SXL, loaded, and after negotiating, dealer called me back four days later meeting my price.

To me, it looks like the stunt was real, but the car was damaged, and the first cut after the landing they put in a new car that is un-damaged. Just another stunt to get attention ;-)

I ordered my 2021 K5 GT Line last week. I expect it to be here by the end of the month. We only have three models currently in Canada: the Lx, the EX and the GT Line. The GT Line having the most options. From what I have read the EX is the top of the line of the 1.6 liter carsin the US. We do not have the 2.5 in Canada yet. Interesting to note that AWD is standard on all Canadian models and that you CANNOT add any options to any of the three models. You choose colour and that is it! The GT Line and the future GT 2.5 are the only two that have nav here.

GT which has a larger engine and more power than the other K5’s including the “GT Line”, a completely different car than the GT.

A couple months ago, I was looking to buy a K5. No GT’s available anywhere. Plenty of “GT Line” available.

The commercials all show high performance GT but you the viewer think all the regular K5 including the “GT Line” have the performance of the GT.

When looking at K5’s, I found that there was no GPS Nav available. Can’t remember if SXM available.
Test drive a “GT Line” and did not like it. My Sonatas had more standard features, more power and a real 8 speed transmission, vice the Duel Clutch transmission of the K5’s. If the K5 was equipped like an Optima or a Sonata, I would’ve bought one.

As luck would have it, I spotted a previous owned 2017 Cadenza SXL, loaded, and after negotiating, dealer called me back four days later meeting my price.

EX, GT-Line, and GT all come standard with Navigation and SXM.

The LX and LXS trims are the only K5's that do not have Nav or SXM. However the do have standard Apple Carplay/Android Auto which means you can use the Nav on a smartphone and have it display on the infotainment screen. You could also stream SXM from a smartphone.

This is all well and good, but the real question we should be asking is.......did they go with 0W-20 or 0W-30 Total Quartz, and what did that UOA look like after the stunt?

GT-GT Line. Optima replaced by K5. Kia has always had some screwy naming patterns and it's only getting worse.

All the automakers are getting funky with names. Just like Cadillac with the Vsport as opposed to the V as well as putting a badge on non-V cars showing the engine torque in newton meters on the cars (i.e XT6 "400"), and Chrysler with the SRT-Design vs the SRT. Also, Mercedes with the AMG appearance package which makes every Mercedes look like an AMG, except without the hand-built AMG engine and performance. Oh, and BMW with M, M Sport, and M Performance. VW with R-Line vs R.

Those Cadenzas are sweet.

Back