Anyone running Schaeffer's Moly E.P. Oil Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried Schaeffer's Moly E.P. Oil Treatment? Is this something that I can add to some Dino oil that will give me some added wear protection?

If you are using a good quality oil why do you need to add anything to it....just change it along with your filter and that should be it...

do a search on google using this technique:

site:www.bobistheoilguy.com "insert your search word here"

There are tons of old threads on this on BITOG

Schaeffers #132 is a good product. It is currently in my brothers boat, it will be in my Aerostar at some point too. We thought we'd give it a try in the boat to beef up the oil and get it to cling to the engine internals. My brother seems to be happy with it so far.

GREAT product, also great for flat tappet cams... I use it in all my Muscle cars. I also know of a few Shelby guys that use it when they road race their BIG bucks cars.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: fito
GREAT product, also great for flat tappet cams... I use it in all my Muscle cars. I also know of a few Shelby guys that use it when they road race their BIG bucks cars.

Have you used it in your daily driver? Do how much do you add, do you thin it at all?

AD

They suggest using the whole bottle (naturally), my guess is you're having good results with the 4 ounces?

I have had only one or two UOA with the #132 and I use 4 ounces of it with 4 oz of LC at the oil change. The UOA did seem slightly better in the wear metal areas then without it but I cannot really say that its use makes a noticeable difference in the operation.

Our fleet of four gets 1oz. per qt.
I have been doing this for five or so years.
Unless I am using Schaeffer's oil.
Also add 3oz. ARX.
Have had no comsumption issues with two in the 110k range.
A full bottle added is only for oil burning engines.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ADFD1
Originally Posted By: fito

Have you used it in your daily driver? Do how much do you add, do you thin it at all?

AD

I have tried it in a Acura and a Toyota but really never could tell if it did anything. Those vehicles were running very well before adding it and continued to perform good after adding the 132. I have always added the pint as stated on the label and it never really seemed to effect the thickness of the oil. The gas mileage in the Acura did seem to go up a .5-1 mpg with the 132.

Seems like nothing but positive experiences, even with different doses. I wonder how it effects cold start-ups during the winter time?

AD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back