Anyone running Continental Terraincontact A/T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Continental has a winner here based on reviews etc.

Considering these instead of Michelin Defenders for the 4Runner.

Appreciate feedback, especially from anyone running these.

I'm not running these yet, but I frequent the Jeep and Ram forums. Everyone seems to rave about these and I will definitely consider them when changing. These are currently rated very high (#3) in Tirerack's survey results. The Defenders are an "All-Season" tire, and also rated high. It all depends on your needs. The Defender LTX M/S is the only Michelin truck tire I would consider, but their tread/appearance is a little too mild for my taste. Stay far away from the Latitude line. They are horrible (had them as OE on 3 SUVs).

I have then on my pickup. Have not had them long enough to see how long they will last. But the ride is fine, so is noise. They are aggressive enough to deal with the snow and mud around where I live. I am a happy camper.

Bought online at DTD.

Since General Tire is owned by Continental Tire, I wonder if the General Grabber APT uses similar compounds as the Continental TerrainContact AT. The General is "T" speed rated, and the Continental is "S" speed rated. I personally would not go under a "T" rating just for construction purposes alone. I have no experience with either tire, just providing some food for thought.

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/general-grabber-apt/p/38747

https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-tires/continental-terrain-contact-a-t/p/32262

Purchased 4 for my 07 titan last 5-30-18 thru DT, received $220.00 in rebates, Memorial Day weekend sale. I have no complaints, they handle well in snow, and heavy rain. Can't answer about 4 wheeling in the mud. Very good tire, my opinion.

I have them on my Jeep Commander and am pleased so far. Very quiet, smooth ride and they are a good-looking tire. We'll see how they wear!

Thanks all. AND they're about $30-$40 less per tire than the Michelins. I used to be 100% Michelin but...these look really good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back