Anyone Remember?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...When "Toyota had more in cash than GM's net worth" about two years ago? Where is that money now? Why is FIAT, a non-North American brand, going to be the next automotive manufacturing powerhouse by buying up stalwarts of the NA automotive industry? Is it that Toyota doesn't see these as sound investments? Is it that they really didn't have that cash? Where is FIAT's money coming from? Isn't the European market in the dumps also?

The way I understand it, FIAT isn't actually putting up any money for Chrysler.

Originally Posted By: rszappa1
A new version of Fix It Again Tony...meaning trying to fix Chrysler again...

That will have to do now that we can't call Ford Found On Road Dead anymore!!
crackmeup2.gif

they SAY the modern Fiat is a very good car, unfortunately we Americans don't know that firsthand.
but hey, Chryco got a govt loan before, that worked, they got bought by a euro brand before, didn't work, so why not try both again? makes perfect sense.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
Is it that Toyota doesn't see these as sound investments?

are they sound investments? stock is worthless, they bleed millions a month, they have thousands of new cars sitting on lots no one is buying, a bloated management, an albatross of legacy costs, hundreds of shuttered outdated obsolete factories and um, what else?
some very smart, very creative people who KNOW how to make some really cool cars but the bean counters in charge don't let them.
so, let the cool creative people go work for someone who lets them do their best and let the bloated giants die. the good people will figure out how to make cool cars for someone, somewhere.

Originally Posted By: rszappa1
A new version of Fix It Again Tony...meaning trying to fix Chrysler again...

Great googly moogly! A FIAT with a Chrysler transmission? Hold me mommy!

Anyway, I guess it's the American way. The corporate shell game of mergering to boost stock value rather than fixing the company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back