Anyone recall ZZ being embossed on their oil filter?

This is the top plate of a four year old Motomaster oil filter on the left. I believe it’s made by Champ, but I now recall I have seen filters like this with the ZZ embossed on it, which I circled in red. Has anyone seen this in the past. I don’t think it stands for ZZ Top.

2A14C050-8711-4D7C-A765-BC3BC21FAA3B.jpeg

Last edited:
Yep, ZZ one of the letter combinations stamped on Champ Labs made oil filters. That baseplate design has also been used by Champ Labs made oil filters over the years. No idea what it stands for.

Here's a thread with Champ made Ultra Guard Gold with ZZ stamped on plate. Champ also stamps Y on some plates.

Yep, ZZ one of the letter combinations stamped on Champ Labs made oil filters. That baseplate design has also been used by Champ Labs made oil filters over the years. No idea what it stands for.

Here's a thread with Champ made Ultra Guard Gold with ZZ stamped on plate. Champ also stamps Y on some plates.

Good memory! That’s one place where I saw it before!

This is the top plate of a four year old Motomaster oil filter on the left. I believe it’s made by Champ, but I now recall I have seen filters like this with the ZZ embossed on it, which I circled in red. Has anyone seen this in the past. I don’t think it stands for ZZ Top.

View attachment 136395
I Am pretty sure that it means 22.the center hole is 22 millimeters.

Back