Anyone own a Tarantula

Al

Mexican Red Leg. They require little work. You don't need to really clean their home. This one is quite docile. He crawled on my hand the second day I had him.

IMG-0061.jpg

IMG-0062.jpg

Last edited:
Do you think Al might have made an error in his thread title? Like….
anyone have or own a Tarantula?:unsure:
I would think anyone as smart as charlie would have figured that out perhaps he was trolling?

I wanted one as a pet but the wife freaks out about tiny spiders.....

Very cool!

My youngest son and I got into keeping hermit crabs fairly recently to add to our fleet of critters. Once you get their setup settled, they're fairly low maintenance also.

I've seen an adult and 2 or 3 little ones while riding my mountain bike in the past 2 or 3 weeks. They seem to get out and move around after some precip and cooler temps. No desire to put one in captivity.

Palm size adult.
IMG_2565.JPG

Teenager. The little ones are feisty.
IMG_2936.JPG

You mean the car that Rob Petrie bought on the **** Van Dyke Show?

But if it's an arachnid, I haven't owned one but remember handling one as a kid. I was a member at a local science museum with a room with different animal exhibits. They had a few small snakes that could be handled, and at least one tarantula. I handled it gently and it was OK climbing all over my hands and arm. But my mother would have freaked out if she had seen that.

Mexican Red Leg. They require little work. You don't need to really clean their home. This one is quite docile. He crawled on my hand the second day I had him.

IMG-0061.jpg

IMG-0062.jpg
No heat lamp?! Interesting. I have a lamp on ours because I believe the expected "comfortable" temperature is higher than what I keep my house at during the non-summer months.

Back