Anyone overfill the crankcase on purpose?

I'm about 500 miles away from servicing my wife's 2018 with a 2.0 Turbo GDI. I'm thinking about running a smart change box of Havoline Pro DS 5w30 for this OCI. The manual says the car holds 5.7 quarts while the box of oil has 6 quarts in it. It seems near impossible to get the oil perfectly filled to that amount so I'm thinking I'll just pour all 6 in it. I know it wouldn't normally hurt anything but with the direct injection causing fuel dilution I'm second guessing putting the oil up the stick to start with. Any thoughts?
Ever purposely destroy an engine?

I overfill by a full quart for track days. A little extra windage is always preferred to an oil pickup sucking air in the turns.

I've never overfilled a crank case on purpose, I'm sure I've done it by mistake a few times. Our fusion takes 5.7 quarts, I just put in 5.5 quarts and save the other have quart for the next oil change. The oil level is in the "safe zone" on the dipstick and I've never had to add oil between oil changes it works for me.

I have noticed that new cars come somewhat overfilled. I saw it in Hondas from way back and in my 2020 RAM 1500. I think the makers assume some will burn off from bedding in and that most owners don’t ever touch their dipstick. Like others, I round up. My old Mazda 5 consumes some oil during the OCI, and it gets 5 while it calls for 4.5. Puts it at the top of the stick range.

No, and only because my car doesn't use or leak any so I don't need that little bit of cushion, so to speak. Now, my high school '76 Monte Carlo? Oh, hell yes.

Back