Anyone Nexus/Pixel owners on Android P?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Installed it last night and what a difference from Oreo. I like the new notifications and interface much better. Performance is still blistering fast. A few hiccups here and there as this is a beta release. Now with Oreo it KILLED my battery life with my Pixel XL. Id get max 12 hours before it had to be plugged in. Maybe 4 hours screen on time. Being a Verizon phone I couldn't install 7.1 with a locked bootloaded. I installed P last night and unplugged my phone at midnight when I went to sleep. Woke up at 8:30 and my battery was at 96%. Did my morning routine with music, Facebook, a few games at now it sits at 68% with 1 hour and 45 minutes screen on time. HUGE improvement. Consumes battery a little more than I would like while using it but oh well. Anyone else tried the beta yet?

I've been debating installing it, but I don't want to sacrifice stability for performance. My XL 2 is running so well I don't want to go down the rabbit hole yet.

Waiting for the official build.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
My XL 2 is running so well I don't want to go down the rabbit hole yet.

Waiting for the official build.
Same here, battery life and performance have been exemplary; no need to run the beta.

I would love to have an android I did in the past but the battery life isn't great on android operating system.

smile.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Subdued
I have android P on a Pixel 2

It's actually hard to believe it's a beta, I've had absolutely no issues whatsoever.

I agree. This really isn't like any beta I've ever tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back