anyone measured increase in power with additives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know that gas additives (TCW3, Lucas, PIB) change the way gasoline burns (documented in my YouTube videos). Some people see small MPG improvement as well (i was not able to verify it in my already very efficient prius). I did clearly hear a difference in engine noise.

I have no gismos to compare power, but did anyone noticed or measured anything, especially dealing with transient engine response?

I know some people have accelerometers and such.

BTW, I welcome any facts, but please don't post any uneducated opinions only (waste of space, time, and electricity).

I have run Redline SI-1, Gumout Regane, and Techron Concentrate through my car. There was no change in gas mileage or driveability. I assume this is because the car has seen high quality oil and good gas (93, brand name) gas its whole life.

FYI Redline has a UCL so I had hoped that would do SOMETHING. Nope.

I seafoam the car every now and then to clear carbon buildup. Other than that, anything that says that it will increase mpg's is all [censored].
Follow OEM specs for oil as well, and run just oil. No oil additives.

MPG no, power no, engine feeling of smoothness, yes. Over my years I've had a lot of older cars, and used a lot of fuel additives. Generally, when I use them the engine feels smoother. The smoothness might lend to a "perceived" increase in power, but I doubt it could be measured with equipment. MPG does not go up, and may actually go down a tiny bit.

Originally Posted By: morris
been useing one gal mmo ad 1 qt tcw-3. mostly starts much better.

One gallon of MMO and a quart of TCW-3?

Are you adding this to a 150-gallon fuel tank or something?

Originally Posted By: morris
been useing one gal mmo ad 1 qt tcw-3. mostly starts much better.

Yikes! One gallon?!

No increase of power or mpg. No increase of 0-60 times either Feeling of smoothness? Not something that lends itself to being measured.

Running MCCC once a year doesn't hurt though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back