Anyone know who is selling the Motorguard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you talking used? New ..just google Motorguard M-60 or M-30 ..maybe without the hyphen ..

Motor Guard filters are now made for air filtering, and the company now puts plastic parts inside that do not necessarily hold up like the original that was designed to last a long time filtering oil, using TP as a filter element. Ralph Wood was professionally refitting them back to original quality at one time-not sure that he is still doing that. I think that the company may have decided they don't like him selling them as oil filters. He can only be reached by phone now.

I have a MG that has the plastic parts. I think that they're nylon. They survive boiling without getting soft ..so I imagine that they'll work with oil. What they don't do is work with all rolls. You need to find 1.5" tube tp.

Ralph was struggling with cancer, iirc. I hope all is well with him.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
I have a MG that has the plastic parts. I think that they're nylon. They survive boiling without getting soft ..so I imagine that they'll work with oil. What they don't do is work with all rolls. You need to find 1.5" tube tp.

Ralph was struggling with cancer, iirc. I hope all is well with him.

Gary,
Most Scott 1000 rolls in my area have 1&5/8" tubes.(also called cores) I take 2 cores from TP we used in the house and cut them lengthwise and slide them down in a roll thats going in the MG. The extra cores fill in the space so it fits snug over the center tube in the filter housing that was made for a 1.5" core.

Thanks. I found that most institutional stuff that I've run into has smaller cores. But that's an excellent technique for adapting to the 1 5/8 core.

Originally Posted By: bmwtechguy
Motor Guard filters are now made for air filtering, and the company now puts plastic parts inside that do not necessarily hold up like the original that was designed to last a long time filtering oil, using TP as a filter element. Ralph Wood was professionally refitting them back to original quality at one time-not sure that he is still doing that. I think that the company may have decided they don't like him selling them as oil filters. He can only be reached by phone now.

Your post is 100% spot on. I spoke to Ralph tonight and he is fine. He no longer uses a computer, but can be reached by phone most evenings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back