Anyone know where to purchase bright stock/base oil?

Does anyone know where I can purchase a small quantity (< 1 quart) of base oil? I don't really care so much about the type of base oil, I'm mostly just interested in an oil without any additives.
Thanks in advance for any help.

Buy non- detergent SAE 30 oil. It will be straight-grade oil with no additives or VII added to it.
In that small of an amount, it’s the only way you will get it. No big producer will sell you 1-quart of base oil.

Lol as much as I hate Lucas, their oil " stabilizer " fits that bill, except that it's thick.

I imagine a ND 30 would be additve free except for possibly tbn buffers and anti foam.

Lol as much as I hate Lucas, their oil " stabilizer " fits that bill, except that it's thick.

I imagine a ND 30 would be additve free except for possibly tbn buffers and anti foam.
I'm really looking for an oil with no additives containing phosphorus. Would an ND 30W be ZDDP-free?
Has anyone ever analyzed the Lucas stabalizer and shown that it is simply bright stock? I've also heard that that's all it is, but I've never seen any proof.
Thanks for the input.

I'm really looking for an oil with no additives containing phosphorus. Would an ND 30W be ZDDP-free?
Has anyone ever analyzed the Lucas stabalizer and shown that it is simply bright stock? I've also heard that that's all it is, but I've never seen any proof.
Thanks for the input.
From this thread:

So yeah, basically just straight bright stock and VII.

lucas.png

I have had luck by simply writing to the production companies and asking them. I have gotten product from BASF, Ciba-Geigy and Monson when I've needed specific items for developmental purposes. Sit down and poke out some letters and see what you get.

As for ND30... it's detergent free. It's not anti-wear free. It's still a lubricant, just not one for internal combustion engines.

Does anyone know where I can purchase a small quantity (< 1 quart) of base oil? I don't really care so much about the type of base oil, I'm mostly just interested in an oil without any additives.
Thanks in advance for any help.

We have plenty of base oil. Tell me what you are looking to do and I will send something appropriate to you.

David

Back