Anyone know where to get a replacement battery ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For cheap but good quality?.

My Dell Vostro 1500 with the 9-cell battery is whining that the battery is on its way out(and it is, barely get 1 hour out of it). I really don't want to spend 150 bucks on one from Dell as I heard they are problematic.

Anyone ever buy a replacement third party battery? What website? Battery is 1/3 the cost of the price I paid for the thing used, and then I dumped about 200 into it to beef it up(1.6ghz to 2.4ghz C2D, 2GB -> 4GB, 120GB-320GB 7200RPM, 8600M GT).

FWIW, aftermarket batteries are hit or miss. My friend used a generic one on his HP and it isn't recognized by the computer. If you're brave and have access to Li-Ion cells, a soldering station and lots of time on your hands you can try to recell the battery. Otherwise, I would see if a few computer shops have a replacement battery. The OEM ones are starting to get bad, Sony's having battery issues as of late and they supply Dell, HP, Apple and Lenovo.

The battery on my Mac is going bad but Apple is sending me a new one in exchange - even though my machine is almost 2 years old.

Last edited:
I bought a replacement Dell battery off of Amazon and it worked just fine and only cost around $50.00 compared to almost $200.00 from Dell.

Freshbattery.com.

I can't say they're the absolute cheapest. But I got a replacement T42 pack, constructed with US-made cells (I have no idea where they found them), for under $80. It is the best laptop battery I've ever had. Better than the OEM Sanyos that IBM/Lenovo was using.

Batteries Plus? Especially if you have one locally.

That way if it doesn't work, you can take it back (or try it in the store to verify that it is compatible.)

I googled it and there was about 10 good hits right off.

buy.com
and a few others...

Thank you all for your feedback, I am checking APC, batterydepot and using yahoo search as recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back