Anyone know if Costco/Kirkland will be making high mileage oil

This brand name is Warren's Supertech rebadged. Both the Supertech Syn and the Supertech HM Syn have the same exact formula.
Strange?...... you betcha!

Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en
This brand name is Warren's Supertech rebadged. Both the Supertech Syn and the Supertech HM Syn have the same exact formula.

Yep, and not a LOT of price difference

Having the same spec's doesn't mean it's the same formula.

I'm rethinking Costco … ours was always extremely crowded and looked like the UN …
Going to keep some of the social distancing in play even after it seems to be all clear …

Originally Posted by Nicasio
Would be nice. Most of our cars are high mileage and I'm a Costco regular since it's like 3 miles from my house.

IMO, I have never seen Costco have a huge oil selection. I doubt this is ever going to happen.

I know US and Canada Costco's are different, but locally they are only selling Castrol Edge Black bottle in 0w-20 5w-20 and 5w-30. I'm always blown away when I go to a Walmart in the US and I see oil from 0w-20 to 10w-40 in most brands and then 20w-50 from a few manufacturers.

Originally Posted by ka9mnx

Having the same spec's doesn't mean it's the same formula.

All the numbers are exactly the same. What base oil will change the formula and not show change in 'all' the numbers?.... please tell us.
If you like a company that operates like that, it sure doesn't surprise me.
Enjoy your Kirkland / Supertech.

Last edited:
All the numbers are exactly the same. What base oil will change the formula and not show change in 'all' the numbers?.... please tell us.
If you like a company that operates like that, it sure doesn't surprise me.
Enjoy your Kirkland / Supertech.

So everything that comprises the entirety of an oil's composition shows up in a VOA or on a PDS?

Would increasing the amount of seal conditioners require a seperate Dexos cert, wasn't it found that Regular FS and HMFS Supertech have the same Dexos Licence numbers on the bottle?

What!?!? So I've been using SuperTech HM Syn thinking it has some special additives and this whole time they're the same exact formula? Why would they even badge em HM if that's the case? If this is true then I will just go with Kirkland.

Last edited:
So since they are all the same formula does that mean they all have the same amount of additives/conditioners that help protect the seals? Don't HM oils have more or should have more of that stuff??

Originally Posted by Nicasio
So since they are all the same formula does that mean they all have the same amount of additives/conditioners that help protect the seals? Don't HM oils have more or should have more of that stuff??

Not certain but if the HM oil is resource conserving and SN+ May be limited on some additives

Amazon basics
and supertech both have the H.M. oils so it is possible.
The just need another label and can fill it with the same oil they use on supertech and amazon

Back