Anyone know about the Mercury Milan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grandma wants a nice little 4dr sedan and I've been hearing lots of good things about this car. Anyone know anything about it or have one?

I believe it's based on the Mazda 6 platform. The Ford Fusion, the Milan's sister car, was rated best quality for 2006 mid-sized cars. If I was car shopping I would look hard at a Fusion.

I think the Milan looks better but the Mazda 6 is the real deal. Its comfortable, has a very nice interior in that it doesn't have the same radio/HVAC from the Ford parts bin (it drives me insane)... and is very nice to drive. They share the same engines so take a look at them.

I have been looking into these cars, Might buy one.
Come with either 3.0 duretec v6 or 2.3 I4
Also have lots of different options including a 5 or 6 speed auto tranny.
Also ford just announced 5 year 60000 mile powertrain warranty on the 07's but dealers here are offering the same on the 06 cars.

Yes, but forget about replacing the stereo in the Mazda 6 with an aftermarket unit if that's something you think you might want to do.

Hi
i bought a Mercury Milan Premier 3 weeks ago and know have 2000 miles on it. It has the 4cly and Auto.
I was able to buy it a very good price (under $20,000) the car is fully loaded with leather and all the bells and whistles except(no sunroof) The ride is great. Gas mileage has been super. My last fill up 35.5 mpg. That was at 65mph and a 300 mile round trip. Fit and finish is outstanding. I get high remarks from every one that looks at it. Insurance was very reasonable also.

Mercury Milan Premier I4 Auto here also.
Great Car, Great MPG about 34 for an average. I have 9,000 miles on the car now.
Much better car all around than my 2004 Camery.
Which was in the shop for transmission problems 3 times. Plus a half dozen times for electrical problems.
This is my first post so I will keep things simple.

Its a decent car I rented the Fusion(cousin). However no matter what quality study comes out the car is only 1 year old so there no data out on how it really is. So it may be quite reliable or quite not so, one can definitively say that.

I'm going to guess that since this car is derived from an existing platform (Mazda 6), existing engines (3.0 Duratec & 2.3 I4), and parts from the Ford corporate parts bin that there aren't a lot of unknowns here. It should be a reliable car long-term. Both engines have been sound in other applications.

quote:

Originally posted by MsMilan:
Mercury Milan Premier I4 Auto here also.
Great Car, Great MPG about 34 for an average. I have 9,000 miles on the car now.
Much better car all around than my 2004 Camery.
Which was in the shop for transmission problems 3 times. Plus a half dozen times for electrical problems.
This is my first post so I will keep things simple.

welcome.gif

We'll forgive the spelling errors.
wink.gif

Just to clarify, I am a mazda6i owner and the engine block is the same with the ford and mazda engines, but thats it. Everything else, except maybe the dipstick was designed by Mazda for mazda cars and by Ford for Ford cars.

I love the 6 and I have heard great things about the fusion and Milan. I would recommend the milan over the fusion based solely on the fact that Mercury was some how on the consumer report's top 10 most reliable manufacturers with mazda while ford did not make it. Thats pretty funny if you ask me.

Old Mustang Guy, the 4 cyl should have between 145 to 160Hp. The mazda6i has 160Hp, but for some reason, i'm thinking ford held the power back on the Fusion and Milan's.

ah, it was the 2.3L in the Focus they de-rated then. Its like 156Hp or something.

I am very happy with the power.
Plenty of kick when I need it.
It is 160HP @ 6250 I can only guess the ones with the V6 have some real get up and go. Our Freestyle with the 3.0 and CVT trans really goes so I would say in this car which is way lighter it must move along pretty well.
I bet the 4cyl with the 5 speed manual runs out pretty well also.
"Mercury Milan Wins AutoPacific 2006 Vehicle Satisfaction Award for Mid-Size Cars"
" The all-new Mercury Milan is a clear winner among Mid-Size competition in the AutoPacific 2006 Vehicle Satisfaction Awards. Combining excellent style, good size and roominess, sporty ride and handling, the Milan provides its owners with a very satisfying experience"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back