Anyone here work for T-Mobile, by chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we're talking T-Mo. I have some quesitons-comments.

Had it almost a decade ago before switching to Boost. Since Boost's future is up in the air between the original owner and Dish, I was looking to going back to TMo, especially since they're advertising long distance 5g (is it really 5g, didn't they do the same with not real 4G for a while?)--- but, rumors of getting into bed with Comcast and their attempt to trademark the color magenta are a bit of a turnoff. So, like to hear thoughts on the future...

I was with Sprint for five and a half years and we got new cellphones for Christmas. Sprint was holding me up and wouldn't give us a cheaper multi line account. So I switched to T-Mobile we have unlimited phone, data and text. Its $70 a month for both of us taxes included. That is less than half of what Sprint was charging us. So far I'm happy with the service. It's on a month to month contract so if they treat me badly I can leave any time.

I haven't had any issues with T Mobile. I pay $30 a month for each line unlimited everything. That's the Senior rate.

Originally Posted by d00df00d
Looking to switch from AT&T but have some questions, looking for deals, etc.

You might just wanna post your questions because you could be waiting a while. Or keep holding out, doesn't matter to me.

You should consider Google Fi. It uses both T-Mobile and Sprint networks. Very easy and responsive company to deal with.

Most T-Mobile deals are posted over on slickdeals.

There's also Xfinity mobile if you have Comcast. $12 for 1 gig of data and it's free voice and text so if you use less than 1gb a month, it's basically $12 a month. They use Verizon towers which is better than AT&T and T-Mobil, at least around here.

I switched from AT&T to T-Mobile back when they were running a 2 lines of unlimited everything+HD video for $100 a month deal. Same exact coverage as AT&T everywhere I go, which is excellent.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by spackard
You should consider Google Fi. It uses both T-Mobile and Sprint networks. Very easy and responsive company to deal with.

I'm in the process of switching to Fi due to the international coverage. From what I've read it works better on certain Androids, and that iPhones are only in beta testing. I hate to part with my iPhone, but I am need the seamless international coverage.

How has your actual cell service been? Okay?

Im on T-Mo. 10.00 a month as an extra line.Had phone plan like 12 years on grandfathered phone plan. Reception is okay out here in BFE.I hope 5G is in the works.

I have fi and tmobile coverage has gotten much better in last 12 months.

Sprint is variable between amazing to abysmal.

rarelyt the sprint towers will have good signal but the data is dialup modem fast...

I installed an app that lets me force it to either provider manually.

Overall I'd say its not quite as good as Verizon or AT&T but good.

Originally Posted by Wolf359
There's also Xfinity mobile if you have Comcast. $12 for 1 gig of data and it's free voice and text so if you use less than 1gb a month, it's basically $12 a month. They use Verizon towers which is better than AT&T and T-Mobil, at least around here.

$12/gb is expensive. I'm paying $23 flat for 5gb, that'd be $60 with Xfinity. And I'm getting pretty good speeds. I've had it top out just under 150mbps.
[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by JerryBob
Originally Posted by spackard

I'm in the process of switching to Fi due to the international coverage. From what I've read it works better on certain Androids, and that iPhones are only in beta testing. I hate to part with my iPhone, but I am need the seamless international coverage.

How has your actual cell service been? Okay?

Only real dead spot I couldn't work around was at my (former) workplace, just south of LAX.
Drive 1 mile east, and signal strength picked up again.
Solved that issue when I left the company.

When I'm home the phone automatically switches to using my home's Internet, a feature I was looking for because home is another dead spot. All visitors complain their phones don't connect to cell towers at my home though. I live next to a city that is frugal permitting towers.

From what I've read people who use international calling/roaming love Fi.
I don't have any use for it.

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

$12/gb is expensive. I'm paying $23 flat for 5gb, that'd be $60 with Xfinity. And I'm getting pretty good speeds. I've had it top out just under 150mbps.
[Linked Image]

It's unlimited at $40/month. There's no additional charge for voice or data. What the total bill at 5gb/month?

Originally Posted by Mad_Hatter

[Linked Image]

It's unlimited at $40/month. There's no additional charge for voice or data. What the total bill at 5gb/month?

First line is $29.99/month and each additional line is $22.99 with no activation fees. Those are out the door prices tax and FCC fees included in it. I pay for 2 lines of service for just under $55. Their unlimited plan is only $39.99 for unlimited talk and text, which is what I had for a long while but realized I was rarely exceeding 5gb so I decided to drop it down. You can bump it up to unlimited at anytime for the additional $10 if you find 5gb isn't enough or your camping or traveling and need some addtl data. They're a Sprint and Verizon reseller called TextNow.com. They have no phone support so you have to be okay with online chatting or emailing but they do have a customer forum... and they are based on the West Coast, SFO I think. You either have to have an unlocked phone already or buy one of theirs. They have a limited selection so I bought a used, clean unlocked phone off eBay and it works fine. Just drop in the SIM and follow the activation directions on their website. Takes maybe 10mins to get up and running. Oh, and you get hotspot as well equal to whatever your data plan is and it draws from the same pool of data. So one pool for everything...

I'm paying $5 a mo for T-mobile through RedPocket. Reception is spotty here. T-mobile got county OK for 2 towers near me 2 years ago and still no towers. I just have to move around a little to make a call but no big deal as I still have a VOIP home line

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back