Anyone Here Have a Garmin Dash Cam 10 or 20?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeeOSix

$100 site donor 2022
If so, I'm looking for someone to tell me when they play the recorded video back on the dash cam if the volume is at a decent level or very faint even with the volume turned all the way up.

The volume on mine is very faint, but when I play the video on my computer it sounds good/normal. I can't even get a straight answer on this from Garmin, so it would be better to compare mine to a few other Garmin dash cams to verify normal operation.

I have a Dash Cam 10 and the volume is pretty low when playing back from the cam itself rather than a computer. There is a volume setting in the options, but I don't think it's going to be much help.

Originally Posted By: BrotherMichigan
I have a Dash Cam 10 and the volume is pretty low when playing back from the cam itself rather than a computer. There is a volume setting in the options, but I don't think it's going to be much help.

Thanks for the reply. Mine is also the model 10, but the 10 and 20 are the same except the 20 has a GPS tracker.

So if I turn the volume up to 100% in the menu, and play back a recorded video on the dash cam itself, I can hear the audio (but still pretty low) if I hold it close to my ear. The video playback audio is much less loud than the beep sounds that come out of the dash cam's speaker when a button is pushed.

If I speak pretty loudly into the microphone while recording, then the volume is obviously louder, but still not as loud as the button push beeps.

Is yours that way?

Again, when I play the recorded video on the computer using Windows Media Player (in Windows 7), the audio volume seems fine. I'm thinking it's just the way these Garmin Dash Cam 10 or 20 are.

Yep, mine is exactly the same. You can barely hear the audio when playing back through the dash cam. I guess Garmin figures you're probably not going to be using the dash cam to do anything other than a cursory review of the footage.

Originally Posted By: BrotherMichigan
Yep, mine is exactly the same. You can barely hear the audio when playing back through the dash cam. I guess Garmin figures you're probably not going to be using the dash cam to do anything other than a cursory review of the footage.

Yes, I've come to the same conclusion now that you've confirmed that your Garmin Dash Cam operated the same.

Thanks for checking yours out to confirm what I'm seeing is normal.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back