Anyone Hear Anything Good Or Bad About Comodo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know anything about Comodo anti malware is it better than spybot and is it real time? I am already paying for avast and malwarebytes on my shop pc.

I am looking for the best free real time malware protection to run with avast besides malwarebytes. on my sons pc

I'd just pick up ESET antivirus on one of their sales, its also antimalware.. and quite good.

Commodo as a firewall is very good. In my experience AVG is about the best out there. Nothing is going to stop [censored] if you download alot or visit dicey websites. Keep a back up hard drive with you OS on it, your OS installation disc, and back up your photos and music alot.

Originally Posted By: Rand
I'd just pick up ESET antivirus on one of their sales, its also antimalware.. and quite good.

This.

I agree with Rand. Especially if you can go to NewEgg or elsewhere and get ESET on sale and after the rebate it is virtually free.

It is kind of hard to beat a deal like that. If you get NOD32 the Windows firewall is adequate. If you can get ESET Smart Security it has a firewall.

Right now according to what testing I have seen at Virus Bulletin, AVComparatives, AVTest, etc., it looks like ESET is pretty good. Maybe Kaspersky is even better and some think Bitdefender is better. But I have some issues with those two.

It is better also to have layers of defense anyway. Consider HitmanPro, the ESET online scan, and Malwarebytes to go with ESET.

Last edited:
Eset has very good blocking, and garbage prevention.

not just detecting it afterwards.

if you are behind a router.. a firewall is near useless anyway for most people.

they tend to make people paranoid also.

usually goes something like this (for tech-deficient people)

"What something is trying to connect to my computer"
*hits block*

a week later

"Why cant I connect to the CS:GO server.. steam is a turd!!!!."

Last edited:
A lot of people do not realize that the firewall in Windows 7-Windows 8.1 actually can be set up as a two way firewall. But it is complicated to do that and pretty much an IT person would be doing that.

There is nothing wrong with the Windows firewall. It is a one way firewall unless set up as a two way firewall but like Rand says trying to figure out if something should be allowed or not is not for somebody who really does not know what should be connecting or not.

For the average person the ESET NOD32 antivirus (especially if you can get it cheap), HitmanPro, Malwarebytes and the ESET Online Scan would be plenty.

But if somebody is going to download a lot of worthless junk from the internet any computer can get infected.

And a person has to have good passwords.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back