Anyone have weird dreams?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody have periods of strange dreams?

If you do, what were they?

I go months without dreaming, and then a LONG time of weird/bad/strange dreams.

Thanks,
Talker

talker,

I don't want to get into my dreams, but I do experience the same thing you do. I very seldom dream and then I will have periods where I have either horrible or vivid dreams that will either wake me up or have me feeling really weird/depressed when I wake up for the first hour or so.

I was told by my doctor that it's just chemicals in the brain that are re-balancing and causing it as a side effect.

Nothing to worry about, but certainly very unsettling at times.
frown.gif

I also suffer from Anxiety, and really bad Migraines which seem to be caused by certain foods/additives like Aspartame, MSG and over use of Caffeine and not enough sleep.

Since I have fixed all these issues I have been Migraine free for the past 6 months (used to get 1-2 a week and it would leave me almost paralyzed during its episode), my anxiety has been drastically reduced to the point I barely need medication to keep me normal while dealing with my highly stressful hectic schedule.

The one thing that I just cut back on but didn't eliminate was the Caffeine, because I'm a coffee junkie.

... Anyways, these have all helped the dreams thing as well so I'm inclined to think my doctor is right about it being a chemical thing and that certain dietary things can contribute to it big time.
thumbsup2.gif

Hope that helps you...

I rarely dream as well and I've read its a bad signal that something is wrong. But When I do dream they are very vivid dreams. I can often feel the sensation of touch, taste, and texture in those dreams. As for details of the dreams I'll leave that out.

Only if I have a bit too much to drink before going to sleep. They usually have spies or snakes in the room. I will wake up seeing them until I become coherent and realize it's a dream.

I have this really strange recurring dream that everyone around me wants to talk about oil all the time....

grin2.gif

As long as a person is in full REM Sleep that person dreams. The recollection of dreams are what differs from person to person. I go to sleep every night and look forward to the "movie"

Originally Posted By: StevieC
talker,

I don't want to get into my dreams, but I do experience the same thing you do. I very seldom dream and then I will have periods where I have either horrible or vivid dreams that will either wake me up or have me feeling really weird/depressed when I wake up for the first hour or so.

I was told by my doctor that it's just chemicals in the brain that are re-balancing and causing it as a side effect.

Nothing to worry about, but certainly very unsettling at times.
frown.gif

I also suffer from Anxiety, and really bad Migraines which seem to be caused by certain foods/additives like Aspartame, MSG and over use of Caffeine and not enough sleep.

Since I have fixed all these issues I have been Migraine free for the past 6 months (used to get 1-2 a week and it would leave me almost paralyzed during its episode), my anxiety has been drastically reduced to the point I barely need medication to keep me normal while dealing with my highly stressful hectic schedule.

The one thing that I just cut back on but didn't eliminate was the Caffeine, because I'm a coffee junkie.

... Anyways, these have all helped the dreams thing as well so I'm inclined to think my doctor is right about it being a chemical thing and that certain dietary things can contribute to it big time.
thumbsup2.gif

Hope that helps you...

SteveC, you are apparently my Canadian doppleganger...you describe me to a "T"!

Originally Posted By: Solo2driver
SteveC, you are apparently my Canadian doppleganger...you describe me to a "T"!

We just have different weather, and I have Social health care.
LOL.gif

PM me if you need more info or want to talk further. Here to help if I can!
wink.gif

cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
I have this really strange recurring dream that everyone around me wants to talk about oil all the time....

grin2.gif

LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: CentralNY1
As long as a person is in full REM Sleep that person dreams. The recollection of dreams are what differs from person to person. I go to sleep every night and look forward to the "movie"
What's playin' tonight? ... Lemme know if it's any good!
LOL.gif

I had a dream last night that I was lost in New Jersey searching for a college class (I haven't been in school for 10 years), finally got there only to find a 500 minute (or 5 hours, unsure) exam WHILE the prof was lecturing on a different subject. The test was so obscure I literally could not figure out how to put the answers on the sheet even if I knew them. My alarm went off and I found myself back in TX in my bedroom, and I swear I said aloud "Oh, THANK GOD that was a dream!!". Many nightmares are about me back in school and I have missed 3 weeks of classes, etc.

My other most horrifying nightmares in the last 10 years or so have involved people stealing my cars, breaking into my house, and me being armed and ready but when the trigger is pulled, no Boom or out of bullets...result in Bad Guys laughing at me while they continue to rob/steal/harm/maime. I had this dream years before we had our two home invasion robberies (2008 and 2009), so it weighs heavily on my mind.

:sad face:

I dream a lot. The best ones are like memories of good things or places. The worst are not full-blown nightmares, just vaguely disturbing.
Last night it featured a King Cobra in my apartment that I didn't want around, but didn't want to kill, so I kept waking up trying to figure out how to get rid of it. In waking life, I'm not afraid of snakes, and in dreams, I'm never really scared of them, they're just hanging around, and I'd prefer they were elsewhere.
I often dream I'm wandering around some apparently deserted landscape looking for someone. I imagine that the someone is my ex, but who knows?
My favorite recurring dream is a rewind of a perfect day on the beach: perfect waves, sunlight glittering on the water, sky so blue it hurts, then later sitting and watching the horizon go dark, the first stars climb above the water, and feeling the wind change to offshore. Feels like I'm there again, then I wake up disappointed to be here, having to go to work.

Originally Posted By: Julian
I dream all the time. B6 is supposed to help you remember them better I've heard.

I rarely remember any dreams, but once in a while I take a melatonin supplement to help me sleep. The one I use has vitamin B in it and when I take the melatonin I usually remember my dreams. The first time I took it I had 3 or 4 dreams in one night. A couple were bad dreams (not quite nightmares). I woke up groggy. It has worked better since though.

edit: One time I dreamed of being in a building that kind of resembled my apartment being on fire with people and me still in it. I got out though.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Solo2driver
Many nightmares are about me back in school and I have missed 3 weeks of classes, etc.

There is a way to stop recurring dreams or nightmares. You have to fulfill them in some way. If you go back to your school, and sit in on a class or lecture on a similar subject to what you may have missed, the dream will probably never happen again.

..yeah ..but what do I tell my wife to do about her recurring dream of a thundering locomotive entering a tunnel?

Have any of you "unicycled" yourself into flying? It hasn't happened to me since I was a kid ..but I would be just standing there and sorta run in place and I could levitate. The invisible flying unicycle. It wasn't automatic. You kinda had to energize some type of flywheel. Maybe it was some invisible fluid coupling.

I haven't flown in a dream for a long time, and I've never been on a unicycle or any other type of machine when it happened. Mine typically involved me running fast until I was suddenly airborne and able to fly at will. Those are the best dreams I've ever had, except maybe for the ex-girlfriend dreams, but those are good for entirely different reasons. They don't have the rush of the flying dreams. And no, I've never slept with an ex-girlfriend in a dream!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back